"Star Wars (Episode IV - 'A New Hope')" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, December 06, 2011, 01:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

"The Force will be with you, always." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Release Date: May 22, 1977
Studio: 20th Century Fox/Lucasfilm, LTD.
Director: George Lucas
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (Panavision)
Starring: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, and Alec Guinness

Plot Summary: Part IV in George Lucas' epic, Star Wars: A New Hope opens with a rebel ship being boarded by the tyrannical Darth Vader. The plot then follows the life of a simple farmboy, Luke Skywalker, as he and his newly met allies (Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2) attempt to rescue a rebel leader, Princess Leia, from the clutches of the Empire. The conclusion is culminated as the Rebels, including Skywalker and flying ace Wedge Antilles make an attack on the Empire's most powerful and ominous weapon, the Death Star.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #160

I was going to do these when the blu-rays came out but I completely forgot.

gunswordfist

Early this morning, I've watched all of this film in its entirety for the first time. Hell, I don't think I've seen even small parts of it since I was a teenager. Anyway, I loved it. I am amazed at how well the effects have aged. I was sitting there thinking "Wait, is this really the Despecialized Edition?!" lol. I finally got to see how Luke started out his adventure and what happens to Obi-Wan Kenobi. I honestly didn't know how the latter died until I watched this (I knew he died due to that overused Kenobi ghost parody as a kid), even it became obvious who will kill him during the movie. hehe Now just two more to go. Thank you, Foggle. ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

No problem! :joy: I just watched it again last week, and I loved it too! It's aged really well.

gunswordfist

They all have! I just finished Return Of The Jedi yesterday. I'm not sure which I like the most out of that and Empire Strikes back but A New Hope is my favorite and I enjoyed them all. Possibly my favorite trilogy now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody