What's This? What's This?

Started by Avaitor, December 25, 2011, 04:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Could've sworn there was already a Christmas thread on here. Well, now there is. And as the resident Jew that also happens to celebrate Christmas, I don't feel like typing "Happy Holidays", but you can talk abut any non-Christmas related festivities in here too.

Welp, I just finished my family's annual tradition of waking up at 5 am before my mom heads off to work to open presents. My haul this year consisted of

-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (my most wanted gift)
-A Wiimote battery charger (something I've been wanting ever since I got the Wii but haven't been able to get until just now)
-A Tom Tom GPS (perfect since I get lost so easily)
-New headphones
-Seasons 3 and 4 of How I Met Your Mother
-Seasons 4 and 5 of Boy Meets World
-2 movies on Blu that I'll make talkbacks for later
-The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes by Jerry Beck
-The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
-A vintage Spider-Man shirt
-A Marvin the Martian shirt
-2 Hurley shirts
-A travel manicure set
-Body spray and hand gel
-And as per usual, bunch of candy

As for my plans today, since my mom works until later tonight, we're probably not doing anything. I don't even know if we're going to have a traditional Christmas dinner, since the kitchen is off-limits now as we prep up for some family coming to visit tomorrow. So I'm going to try to get some sleep now and when I wake up, I'll start Skyward Sword and try to set up my Tom Tom.

What about you guys? What are your plans today?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Neomysterion X. Prime

I was going to start one for you guys, oh well.

Here's what I got anyway for Christmas:

$120 in cash
$20 GameStop Giftcard
365 Stupidest Things Ever Said 2012 Page-A-Day Calendar
Kirby's Return To Dream Land (my most wanted gift in real-life)
Christmas Snow Jar for one of my Trapturs (most wanted gift on Icepets)

I really don't have any plans in real life to celebrate today, but the staff over at TDN (The Daily Neopets) are throwing a staff-only Christmas Party on December 26th, and I'm invited.
I forgot to mention that I became a mod over at TDN's Forums to you guys while I wasn't here.

Happy holidays to all of you at Animation Revelation!

Dr. Insomniac

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
The Postmortal by Drew Magary
The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
The Greyfriar by Clay & Susan Griffith
Crime & Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Arthur & George by Julian Barnes
The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
John Dies @ the End by David Wong
Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
The Average American Male by Chad Kultgen

Foggle

Good shit.

Skyward Sword (fuck yeah)
Headphones (fuck yeah)
Archer Season 1 on DVD (fuck yeah)
Futurama Volume 6 on DVD (fuck yeah)
A few seasons of It's Always Sunny on DVD (fuck yeah)
Galactic - Live At Jazz Fest 2011 album (fuck yeah)
$25 Amazon Gift Card (fuck yeah)

No books, unfortunately. But that's what the gift card is for, I guess!

Spark Of Spirit

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Me, our family doesn't have a lot this year so we donated to some charities instead, though one of my friends did give me a $20 3DS point card and I did get some great Christmas cards from some family and friends. Also read A Christmas Carol last night- still one of the best stories ever written.

It's also really nice to have a white Christmas. It's been a while, so I'm glad to finally have one again.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

To those who got SS, victory is yours.

I mostly got money, but I also got Kirby's Return and Sonic Colors.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on December 25, 2011, 11:42:59 AM
Sweet. Are you a virgin to the show, or have you been watching and just didn't tell me yet?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on December 25, 2011, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: Foggle on December 25, 2011, 11:42:59 AM
Sweet. Are you a virgin to the show, or have you been watching and just didn't tell me yet?
I've started watching it now that I'm in college since my roommate is a really big fan. I've only seen about 10 episodes, but I love it! Really funny stuff.

Avaitor

Ah, cool. It is a really funny show, so I'm glad you like it. I only got into it earlier this year myself but I've already seen just about every episode.

Any favorite character yet?

New blog!

Daxdiv

Copy/pasta time

Video Games

Batman Arkham City (Xbox 360)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)

Movies & TV Shows

30 Minutes or Less
Cars 2
Dragon Box 5
Dragon Box 6

Practical Stuff

An Avon Watch
New Balance Shoes 506
2 packs of Boxer shorts
$50 from my aunt
$35 Gift cards to Dunkin Donuts
$10 to some local pizza place.

Pretty good haul this year all things considering. My mom did tell me not to expect much this year from her and dad. I just find it funny that instead of new gloves they gave me sneakers instead. Since a watch and boxer shorts are two of the most common items they get me that I don't list so they didn't come as a surprise. I was just surprised to get a watch again since my mom gave me one for my birthday.

I do like how my brother gave me Dragon Box 5 & 6. I understand why he didn't get 4 since looking online... that shit is expensive. My hunt for DB 4 will have to wait, especially since I did spend money on myself for computer parts. Yep, finally getting around to building my own PC.

Spark Of Spirit

Nice hauls, guys.

I was hoping for some Sonic Generations, though. Maybe EK will surprise me!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Got a Freakazoid dvd, God of War 3 (I haven't even finished the first 2) McAfee IS disc, the Costco Samurai Rangers 5 pack, Figuarts ShinkenRed and finally, a new Toshiba laptop.

We also got a 3DS, but no game came with it. For now, we're playing AR games and the free Four Swords download.

All in all, a very nice haul. A lot of my family didn't make it out this year, but those that did got a pretty good feast and some nice gifts. My sister got me good making it seem like they bought the wrong Red Ranger fig though. They've had it for a month and just played mindgames by acting like they got the 8-inch one instead.

QuoteI was hoping for some Sonic Generations, though. Maybe EK will surprise me!

My brother got it. I think I'll probably buy it for my cousins too since I'm willing to go buy a few more gifts today.

Rynnec

I didn't get much. Just Sonic Generations, Skyward Sword, and a strategy guide to go with it. I may get more presents on Tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

I wanted a 3DS, but I'm not surprised I didn't get one. I just need either Rayman Orgins or Kirby's Return to Dreamland to make this a completely satisfying haul, but at least I got Generations.

Commode

Quote from: Desensitized on December 25, 2011, 02:32:49 PM
Nice hauls, guys.

I was hoping for some Sonic Generations, though. Maybe EK will surprise me!
It's hard for anybody to give me the game when I already bought the PS3/3DS versions weeks ago.

That's why all I ever get any more is money, because I always buy what I want myself.  I kind of prefer it this way anyway, so I don't worry as much about presents on Christmas and instead can just focus on being home with the family.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, here's what I got:

Gears of War 3- I didn't specifically ask for this game, but my dad ended up getting it for free from the store he works at for some reason, and he gave it to me, and as someone who at least casually enjoys the GoW campaign modes I'm certainly not complaining for getting it as a surprise gift

Halo Anniversary- One of my 2 most wanted games

A 50$ gift card for Game Stop- Which I'll presumably use to get Sonic Generations OR Vanquish and Bayonetta

Oh yeah, and I got a fuck-load of clothes which is always good.