What's This? What's This?

Started by Avaitor, December 25, 2011, 04:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I got a part 2 in the form of stocking stuffers.

This year I got

2 AMC Gold Movie Passes/Tickets
A pack of Lindt Lindor Chocolate
A small can of Tootsie Roll
$10 worth of lotto tickets and ended up winning $6.

I already ate the Tootsie Roll and the Lindor Chocolate. Will probably use one AMC pass for TinTin on one of my days off this week, and I guess I'll redeem my $6 tickets and use that towards lunch tomorrow.

Also earlier last week I ordered computer parts for myself. Right now I'm waiting for 2 parts to come in the mail, the case and the CPU Chip. The chip should be here by either today or tomorrow, I forget if UPS/USPS is going to honor tomorrow as Christmas and if that means there won't be mail tomorrow, while my case is back ordered. Might think about calling the place I ordered it from and seeing if I can get a different case instead. I'm going to pick up a screen later in the week, along with a keyboard and mouse.

Kiddington

Welp... lemme see here...

-$200 cash
-$50 Amazon Gift Card
-Other gift cards to various locations of varying amounts (Red Robin, IHOP, $25 Shell gas card, etc.)
-Sonic Colors (I'm expecting good things, Desen!)
-Kirby Mass Attack
-The Office: Season 7 DVD
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, Part 2 Blu-Ray
-Two Nintendo Power magazines (Zelda special issue, and holiday preview)
-Detroit Lions t-shirt (come on, I had to mention this on its own; they're FINALLY good again)
-A ton of other nondescript clothing items
-Candy

So yeah, pretty much all this. Only thing I wanted and was disappointed in not getting was Sonic Generations, but it's not a big deal (my birthday's coming up in February anyway, so I'll just ask for it then).

Everything else was pretty good as well. Most of my family from out east couldn't make it this year, unfortunately, but at least my dad was home this time, so that was pretty cool. The Lions also won on Christmas Eve, making it back to the NFL playoffs for the first time in... wait for it... 12 YEARS, so we were all pretty happy about that as well.

All in all, 'twas a great Christmas for us. I really do love this time of year; too bad it's already over.

Avaitor

Just got another gift my sister forgot to wrap- a $20 Wii Points card.

Imma use that later. One of the games I'm getting for sure is Majora's Mask. Not so sure about the other, but I might also get Ocarina so I have both N64 Zeldas, or I could also pull a 180.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on December 25, 2011, 01:08:13 PM
Any favorite character yet?
Too early to tell, I think. Probably Dennis or Frank.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on December 26, 2011, 11:41:38 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 25, 2011, 01:08:13 PM
Any favorite character yet?
Too early to tell, I think. Probably Dennis or Frank.
Good choices. Frank is probably my favorite too. Either him or Charlie. "The D.E.N.N.I.S. System" totally made a lover of Dennis, though.

Oh, and I have to warn you, the first season is pretty slow and not too good. It's really missing something, and you'll see what when you get to season 2.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

I don't know, I think the first season is pretty hilarious so far. Thought Charlie Wants An Abortion and The Gang Gets Racist were damn funny.

Avaitor

Yeah, those are the highlights from the season. But it only gets better.

New blog!

Avaitor

I got a couple of late gifts from some friends. A couple gave me a Nightmare Before Christmas mug from the Disney Store in Orlando, while another friend bought me a copy of The Bro Code, which is Barney Stinson's "official" guidebook.

Pretty cool stuff, and they prove that my friends know me.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

It's that time of year again!  ;)

Friend hauls:

The W's - Trouble With X
The Great Gatsby
The Odyssey

I'm quite thankful to get precisely what I was looking for; classic books and a CD I'd been eying. My presents seemed to hit their mark as well, so this Christmas seems to have started off well!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

My friend ordered me a crazy-sounding clock from Etsy that's based off of Powerslave. I'll take a pic when it finally comes, but it's going to his house first and he's leaving for Virginia on Sunday until January.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Whoa, now that is a picture I'd like to see. It seems like the perfect present for you, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, he's pretty good with gifts for me. He got me minimalist posters of Avengers and Community for my birthday, which was perfect since my long-sided Pink Floyd poster fell down a few months ago, leaving that side of the wall empty.

I just wish I had the money to repay him more often. I did get him a sick-looking puzzle based off of Axis: Bold as Love though. It's front and back, and perfect for him and the other friends at the apartment.

New blog!

Pharass

Here's what I got for Christmas this year:

Life of Brian and Season 2 of Downton Abbey on DVD
1Q84 - book 1 by Haruki Murakami
Cash (700 SEK, which according to the Internet translates to  about $107)
A pajama
Socks

All in all, considering that I got everything I wished for, I have to say that from a gift-standpoint it was a very good year.

Ho-ho-ho.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Nel_Annette

-A Me Gusta face shirt, Adventure Time shirt, two Zelda shirts
-Angry Beavers Season 3 Part 2, Metalocalypse Season 4, Ernest movie triple pack
-iTunes gift card, Best Buy gift card
-Skittles  :joy:
-Boxers!
-SOCKS!

Considering I asked for nothing this year, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Daxdiv

What I got and whom gave it to me:

The Walking Dead Compendium 2 (From my future sister in law)
American Born Chinese (Sister)
One Piece Volume 62 (Sister)
Family Guy Volume 9 (Brother)
Sonic Classic Collection (Brother)
Pixar Short Films 2 (Mom and Dad)
$30 to Gamestop (Mom and Dad)
2 AMC Movie Passes (Mom and Dad)
A pack of Boxers (Mom and Dad)
A 32' Vizio TV (Mom and Dad)
Tickets to WrestleMania 29 (Mom and Dad)