DuckTales

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 06, 2012, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Yeah, I don't think that it's happening in CG. Especially since I don't think Disney has very many CG series currently running outside of their Jr programs.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Wow, 3D or 2D those designs should be slick!

Spark Of Spirit

Here's the new official logo:

Some things just don't need to be changed.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I feel like the vibe we've been getting from this show so far is that it's familiar, but not too much so.

That's a good thing, and has me excited.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Maybe Don Rosa will actually give an episode a chance.

Daikun

Also, a brief teaser from Disney XD's YouTube channel.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Gonna be so weird without Alan Young.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Besides Launchpad, we're for sure getting Gyro, Duckworth, and Magica in the show.

My biggest concern in terms of non-returning characters is Fenton, but I'm also unsure if we'll see Doofus or Mis Beakley in the show. We kind of don't need the latter anymore if Donald is here, as Scrooge doesn't need a nanny. But Webby's here anyway, which is why I'm unsure.

I know that we'll see Glomgold and the Beagles, since the show can't rely on just one villain forever. And I don't really care if we get Bubba or not, tbh.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

It would have been nice to get the game cast to carryover, but I don't think it'll happen.

Miss Beakley will probably be there, but I imagine she won't go on adventures nearly as much as the original show since Donald is there. I expect every other character from the show to return. Bubba I would be fine with a cameo, but not as a permanent cast member. He is not a character that offers much in the way of story. It's Fenton (and Gizmoduck) that I definitely want to see.

Daxdiv

Peanutbutter

Craig Ferguson would have been the perfect post-Alan Young pick, but David Tennant should be great as Scrooge. This new DuckTales is looking better and better!

Avaitor

Wow, I swore that I posted this before I went to work. Ah well.

The casting seems good, and we get a lot of character confirmations in that link, as well. But it is surprising to see that Russi Taylor, who's alive and well, won't be voicing the nephews or Webby. But it does seem like the show is adamant about giving them fuller personalities, which should be good.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

The cast singing the theme song was a stupendous idea by the staff. They know there's still a lot of skepticism amongst fans of the original cartoon, showing the new cast singing enthusiastically was a very clever way of showing that not only are they rightly keeping the theme song; but that they have people on board who are big fans of the original show. They aren't just empty suits looking for a quick cash grab.

Dr. Insomniac

Disney released a promo clip of the first episode! I'm really excited for where they're going with Huey, Duey, and Louie's relationship with Donald.