DuckTales

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 06, 2012, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's hard to imagine a Disney show on a classic brand not using Russi Taylor or Frank Welker, anyway.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

That sucks. Well, hopefully the new cast can live up to their predecessors.

Avaitor

Concept art? Or just a quick taste?

This looks fine, but it's not going to look like this when the show hits. I think the most important detail is that Donald is here. Which is nice, but I hope that they don't forget about Launchpad, either.

Edit: Honestly, I do dig this piece. It's not 100% in the vein of Barks' style, but that's a-okay. It looks like a nice tribute of sorts to his aesthetic, which we definitely could use.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

That actually looks a LOT better than I thought it would.

If the final show looks anything like that at the end of the day, I'll be okay with it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nameless

Those character designs are really nice!

Also, the non-character portions of that piece scream Kevin Dart to me.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Daxdiv

Well, at least he lived a long life. F! RIP Mr. Young.

gunswordfist

Yes, I am hqppy that he got to live a long life. Still sad that he's gone now though. R.I.P. Mr. Young.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

This was due to happen sooner than later. May he rest in peace.

Foggle

Scrooge's voice was so wonderful. What a legacy he leaves behind! RIP. :'(

Avaitor

He still had it so late in his life. His Scrooge voice was great for DuckTales Remastered and his appearance in the new Mickey shorts. But Mr. Young lived such a long, great life that it's hard to feel sorry for him.

He left such a strong career behind him. I think most of us will remember him as Scrooge, but there's a lot more to his legacy.

New blog!

Lord Il

Been out of the loop. I just found out about Young's death a few minutes ago while checking out stuff from James Rolfe's (Cinemassacre) Twitter account.

Quote from: Avaitor on May 21, 2016, 08:47:38 AMMr. Young lived such a long, great life that it's hard to feel sorry for him.
So very, very true. If only half of us could make it to be 96 years old.

Be sure to check out the Mickey Mouse short "Goofy's First Love" as this may have been the last time he voiced Uncle Scrooge. It was only a few lines, but it was almost magical to have heard that distinctive voice that could only be his.

Avaitor

Promo art!

I like the designs! Nice and modern, and not TOO slick. It helps that the kids are already showing their personalities off here. I hope this means that Webby gets to be a little more of a part of the fun.

I do wish that we could see Scrooge's design, but he is still there, anyway. ;)

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Is it no longer CG?

Either way, those are pretty good designs.