DuckTales

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 06, 2012, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I think I read that the showrunners did consult with Rosa over some things, but I've also seen posts where he admits to not being a fan of Glomgold's design, and has mixed feelings about how the series plans to use him and Glittering Goldie. So I'm not sure where he would stand about the current series right now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

The 2 episodes they aired over the weekend were pretty good. Nice to see the Beagle Boys in action and to have an episode focusing on the boys trying to treat Webby to a life she was sheltered from. As for the second, it was good to see them show off the story about Scrooge's First Dime, having Gyro appear along with hinting about his Gizmoduck suit, and the focus on the Triplets' mother.

Spark Of Spirit

It's different enough from the original so far, but I like that they did what Quack Pack couldn't and gave the triplets different identities while not making them shallow and pointless. They were always meant to be three fun loving kids so keeping that while giving them other interests is a nice touch while still keeping them the core of who they are.

Though so far Huey hasn't gotten as much as his brothers have.

Still think Donald is the best part of the show however.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 25, 2017, 01:50:05 PM
It's different enough from the original so far, but I like that they did what Quack Pack couldn't and gave the triplets different identities while not making them shallow and pointless. They were always meant to be three fun loving kids so keeping that while giving them other interests is a nice touch while still keeping them the core of who they are.

Though so far Huey hasn't gotten as much as his brothers have.

Still think Donald is the best part of the show however.

Yeah, I love that Donald's sticking around in this version. All the episodes with him in the original were a blast.

From the two episodes, I loved seeing Dewey bond a bit more with Webby. She also got used to hanging with all three of the boys in their favorite hangout. I never minded Webby in the original version, but I don't think her cutesy routine would work in this. I REALLY love what they've done with Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys! She was always a smart villain in the original, which was why she was a great character but here she's not only savvy but has a menacing presence that just edges on the verge of creepiness.

Gyro's design is going to take me a bit to get used to, but I'm a bit interested in where they go with him since it almost seemed implied he's going to be a villain this time. I'm sure they were just foreshadowing a certain someone in a type of suit, but I wonder how far they go with him.

Avaitor

I enjoyed both episodes, but I didn't think either were particularly as amazing as the pilot. But they do a good job of establishing dynamics among the McDuck Manor clan, as well as introducing the Beagles and Gyro.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Just saw the newest episode. I'll give full thoughts on it later when others catch up but just one minor detail.

Spoiler
Magica is coming!
[close]

Avaitor

The most recent episode was pretty good, as always. It was especially cool that the episode was about the Terra-firmians, from the Barks story and DuckTales episode. That's never been one of my favorites for either, but it was a good way to anchor the episode, as well as give Lena more development.

New blog!

Avaitor

Is that Cree Summer in this week's episode?

I should not be as surprised as I am to hear an actual, professional voice actor.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Meant to give full thoughts on the first episode with Magica and her niece, but as you all know things have been very hectic in real life for me lately. Instead of my own reviews, I'll just give some snippets on the episodes so far.

Lena has been a very welcomed new addition to the cast. She's kind of a cross between a goth and punk rock girl, she manages to be sarcastically funny without getting annoying. Her aunt can't come soon enough, at least we've heard her voice a little.

Loved Paul F. Thompkins as Gladstone. Good casting choice. Gladstone managed to be likable despite being a bit of a douche. I hope he has recurring appearances in the future, in the original he only had two episodes.

The Terra-Firmians episode was fun. Nice callback to their episode in the original, and some good character development of Lena and Mrs. Beakley.

Not sure yet how I feel about new villain Mark Beaks. I find it funny to no end that they decided to emulate Facebook's founder as a villain. He has a fun personality, but his shtick could get old very quick. Disappointed he didn't really get to do anything really villain-ish in his first appearance. I imagine he'll be more driven to evil in his next episode.

Toth-Ra's design is awesome. Probably wishful thinking, but I'd love to see him come back. Launchpad continues to be the funniest and best part of the show.

Avaitor

The show ranked on Entertainment Weekly's top shows of the year. I have to admit that I was surprised to see it on there (at #8, btw), but it's a good show and a fairly decent zeitgeist hit to boot. I just wish that it had more adventures and less stay at home material, as well as focused a little more on Scrooge, and a little less on the nephews and Webby.

Also, I just noticed that apparently a Christmas episode aired earlier this month. I can't believe I missed that!

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I like the show, but I can't say it's particularly great at anything. Mostly I just want more adventures. There are enough slice of life shows out there, we don't need DuckTales to be one as well. A random episode every now and then is fine, but I'm in this for the adventures.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The Christmas episode was a little more of what I've been hoping for, but yeah, I agree. And I think it's weird that they've been calling to attention that Donald is in this series when he's hardly been doing anything.

New blog!

Avaitor

So I saw this as an attempt to explain the show's lengthy hiatus, as well as why Big Hero 6 hasn't aired beyond its pilot. I don't see it working, though. Taking this much time away is just going to kill the momentum for the series.

Although I did also see that Disney is working on toylines for the series, so I don't think that they're dumping it. But this is just ridiculous.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Pretty sure this is the same stunt they did with both Gravity Falls & Wander where we would go weeks/months without episodes.

Peanutbutter

Disney's always been far worse with hiatuses than CN. Nice of that guy to give a heads-up, but it comes across as damage control. I don't see how these protracted breaks are supposed to counter Netflix. At least if they're aired alongside each other they might boost themselves up a bit.