DuckTales

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 06, 2012, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It might depend on how long the show runs for. Nonetheless, this is excellent news!

Now announce DuckTales Remastered 2.

QuoteThe new series' adventures will once again take viewers along as Scrooge McDuck, his curious and mischief-making grandnephews—Huey, Dewey, and Louie—and the optimistic-yet-temperamental Donald Duck embark on high-flying adventures worldwide. Other beloved characters slated to be in the new stories are: Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuack, Flintheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell & Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys (Burger Beagle, Bouncer Beagle), Mrs. Beakley, and Webbigail Vanderquack.
Maybe they're saving GizmoDuck for later? Or possibly for a possible Darkwing Duck show? The comics are coming back, so that might not be such a stretch.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

A new DuckTales series? Sweet! This is something to look forward to!. ;D

Commode

Don't know if anyone knew, but apparently Treasure of the Lost Lamp was quietly released on DVD last month to general retail, apparently it can be found at Best Buy.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, that came out with the other Disney Afternoon releases that were originally exclusive to the DMC.

Oh, and Tokyo Disneyland's getting a Junior Woodchuck area.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Goldstar

A part of me feels that Disney should spend more of it's time developing new and original ideas instead of reviving older shows, but at the same time, I enjoyed DuckTales and wouldn't mind seeing some new episodes, especially since it looks as though Donald is going to be involved this time, which is more like how it was in the original Carl Barks comics.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Silverstar

A new DuckTales, huh? I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand, I enjoyed DuckTales and it's good to see that Disney hasn't forgotten the show, and the apparent inclusion of Donald as a main character again has me curious (many of the DT stories were based on the Carl Barks comics in which Donald played a large part, but on TV his roles would be given to other characters such as Launchpad and Fenton, who was curiously not mentioned in that synopsis), but on the other hand, I'd kind of rather see a new show as opposed to yet another reboot, remake or relaunch of an older 80's-90's franchise, which fans will inevitably constantly compare to the original and unless it blows serious doors, will not be as good or well-received as the original.

However, if any studio can pull something like this off, Disney can. I'm digging those new Mickey Mouse shorts, so if this series is along that same level fo quality, I'm in. This could be one of the few new adaptations that lives up to the legacy of the original.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Spark Of Spirit

The only thing I'd be worried about would be the pacing. The old show had a more relaxed pacing compared to more modern Disney shows. Otherwise I'm sure the show could be very well done.

As for Fenton, well, they didn't mention Bubba either. Since this is a reboot, we might see them later on. Though personally I would prefer if we could have Fenton as Scrooge's accountant before GizmoDuck shows up if that's the case.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

Honestly, Disney doesn't have to include Bubba at all. He served no real purpose after he was introduced. He was just kind of there. Apart from Huey, Dewey & Louie and Webigail, the cast was good with ducklings. Bubba was just a 5th wheel.

I'm curious about the voice cast. Alan Young and June Foray are both in their 90s. I can understand it if the shows' producers don't want to replace them, but the sad truth is that they aren't going to live forever. Perhaps they've been training new voice actors to take their places.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

superfluidity

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 26, 2015, 03:53:57 PM
The only thing I'd be worried about would be the pacing. The old show had a more relaxed pacing compared to more modern Disney shows. Otherwise I'm sure the show could be very well done.

I'm kinda concerned about what the art style of the show is going to be, myself.

Gravity Falls' art style is great and works well for it, but it wouldn't work at all for DuckTales.

If they go for a fitting art style, then I think the show will work out okay.

Spark Of Spirit

This is random, but I'm kinda hoping that this leads to DuckTales 2 Remastered to be made. Though the soundtrack is a letdown compared to the first game, DuckTales 2 is a lot of fun.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

They could at the very least put DuckTales 2 Remastered out there to give the original cast a proper send off. Ugh.

But yeah, not good. They even had Alan Young as Scrooge in the Mickey Mouse shorts. I honestly can't imagine anyone else in any of their roles, but his least of all.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on March 24, 2015, 08:38:28 PM
Uh.

Not great news.

Sorry, but yes it is. Alan Young and June Foray are too old. They don't have that many years left. Either one of them passing away while doing this show would be heartbreaking, and they would have to do a recast anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd rather them being recast later should they die (God forbid) during production, personally. The more work we can get from them while they're willing is a good thing, in my mind.

Anyway, that's only two cast members. The others aren't really that old.

Avaitor

Yeah, I understand Alan and June, but not hiring back everyone else is a little sad. And truthfully, the article doesn't even bring them up, just that Terry McGovern wasn't offered back as Launchpad, when he isn't even THAT old.

New blog!