"Sleeping Beauty" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, February 01, 2012, 10:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Release Date: January 29, 1959
Studio: Walt Disney Studios
Director: Clyde Geronimi
Aspect Ratio: 2.55:1

Plot Summary: Adaptation of the fairy tale of the same name. Princess Aurora is cursed by the evil witch Maleficent - who declares that before Aurora reaches her 16th birthday she will die by a poisoned spinning-wheel. To try to prevent this, the king places her into hiding, in the care of three goodnatured - but not too bright - fairies.

COMMENTS?

So Dalek and I are still working on making sure every DAC on Blu-Ray has a talkback. We're taking our sweet time, heh... And I also I want to get some random discussion for various Disney or Pixar movies on here, so I decided to pull out a talkback for this, the first catalog DAC put out on BD.

Anyway, I've spent many a time on here describing just how aesthetically beautiful I consider the film to be, because it really is. And I could go on forever about it. As well as why Maleficent is amazing. And the brilliant use of Tchaikovsky's ballet in its score. And the great humor. And...

True, Aurora and Philip aren't much for characters at all, but the whole package is so grand I can't help but overlook them and adore the fairies and Maleficent instead.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

I think it says a lot about it that Lauren Faust basically made Nightmare Moon into a parody/tribute to Maleficent.

Notable trivia: the original adaptation of Sleeping Beauty for Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Reading book series famously doesn't even bother to try to adapt the film's rather labyrinthine plot.

Daikun

I'm bumping this thread since Disney recently released their trailer for Malificent.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Jolie looks great as Maleficent. 8)

I'm intrigued. Just a bit.

No-Personality

I haven't seen any of these Fairy Tale Movies with Famous Actress as Villainness, Disney or not, since 1998: Ever After, Enchanted, Mirror Mirror, the one with Charlize Theron, the one with Michelle Pfeiffer, I think Bridget Fonda played a villainness at one point too - http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/areea_chan/14378280/29384/29384_original.jpg . Though, for all I know, she could have been the protagonist. I saw the first live-action 101 Dalmatians movie and Snow White: A Tale of Terror, neither of which were great, and then I pretty much had my fill.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Daikun