Favorite Animated Dreamworks Movie

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 10:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 31, 2010, 02:04:53 AM
Well, as for me that would be because I didn't bother checking this thread out again until just today.

The same goes for me.

Angus

I suppose I need to grind through Shrek Forever After. :burn:
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Hime

The movies I've been watched and liked it so far are Kung Fu Panda, Shrek 1,2 and 3, Madagascar, Bee Movie and Shark Tale.

ToonFaithful

Add me to the list of people who were surprised with Kung Fu Panda. Had the same pre-thoughts like Avaitor(references to popular culture), but it turned out really good. That movie, How To Train Your Dragon, and Shreks 1 & 2. I've seen Monsters vs. Aliens, but it didn't live up to what I thought it'd be. Enjoyable movie, nonetheless, replay value is pretty low though.

Haven't seen Megamind yet, the next time I go to Wal-Mart or wherever I'll buy it.

Commode

After catching a bit of Shrek on my ship's messdecks(aka cafeteria to you guys) the other day, I decided to sit down and rewatch the movie.

And, I still really like it.  It's still funny, I think the animation is really good, and it still looks amazing, being more than ten years old at this point.  I don't quite know if I really want to watch any of the sequels(still never saw the fourth one), but the first movie still holds up quite well.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I still like the first two movies as well as Puss n Boots, but have still yet to see 3 or 4.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's a good series.  :humhumhum:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I liked 4, not as much as 1 & 2, but liked it more than 3. Puss in Boots is it's own little thing and I loved it all the way.

talonmalon333

I had no idea where to post this, but this seems to be being used as a general DreamWorks thread.

What do you guys think of that... racing snail movie coming up?

Spark Of Spirit

It's an incredibly stupid movie on the fundamental concept level.

This literally feels like a bad pitch session that only got through because Dreamworks thought they could market the snails like Pixar's Cars franchise. The plot is something kids come up with for grade school writing assignments. The jokes are abysmal sub-00s Nickelodeon and the characters are the same archetypes we've seen in every movie like this. The advertising is obnoxious and totally undeserving for the film which makes it appear better than the lame TV movie it probably is to kids. Worst of all, by this time we know Dreamworks is capable of better and this is a giant tumble backwards for them. Nothing about this looks good.

I'm not one to say something is a totally bad idea out of the gate, but I really do think that in this case. This looks awful and if it's successful then that might be it for any hope Dreamworks had because this as a franchise is a terrible idea.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 06, 2013, 11:58:30 AM
I had no idea where to post this, but this seems to be being used as a general DreamWorks thread.

Well it bombed this weekend, so I guess that answers that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on July 22, 2013, 12:55:25 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 06, 2013, 11:58:30 AM

Well it bombed this weekend, so I guess that answers that.
Awesome news. I'm glad it did as bad as it looked.

Avaitor

Between this and Rise of the Guardians' disappointing box-office results, things don't seem to be doing greatly at Dreamworks right now.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I guess KFP2's surprising disappointment at the box office didn't help either.

I hope HTTYD2 is a good one and that it continues to inspire them to keep going in that direction.

Goldstar

Turbo looks like one of those family animated movies which are designed to primarily appeal to kids 9 and under. It seemed like it would be better suited as a DTV than a theatrical release. My guess is the only reason why Dreamworks even bothered with a theatrical release for Turbo was because it's Summer and they must've thought that parents would take their kids to see this, though it looks like most of them just went to see Despicable Me 2 again.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!