Favorite Animated Dreamworks Movie

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 10:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As for me, I suppose it'd probably be The Prince of Egypt, but I honestly haven't seen that one in quite a long time. In terms of movies that are just plain fun without any real depth, I'd have to say that I honestly got a ton of enjoyment out of Kung-Fu Panda.

Avaitor

Before I saw How To Train Your Dragon, I would have said Kung-Fu Panda. It had the warmth and humor of the first two Shreks with none of the stupid pop culture or potty jokes to drag it down.

But yeah, HTTYD was something else. So much heart, and it could still make you laugh at scenes. I already went in great detail here, so I don't want to repeat myself, but this is just something I can't recommend enough for Dreamworks nay sayers.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Kung Fu Panda totally surprised me when I saw it the first time. I honestly didn't think DW would put out something like that, but I'm glad they did.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Right now, my favorite Dreamworks animated films are Shrek 1, Shrek 2, Shrek 4, Kung-Fu Panda, How To Train Your Dragon, & Megamind. I know what you guys are thinking, why do I like Shrek 2 and 4? Well, I thought that Shrek 2 was a great sequel in it's own right, it told an interesting story for me to follow, that and Puss in Boots was my favorite character. As for 4, I enjoyed the story in it.

I know I don't like Shark Tales, I need to rewatch Over The Hedge, & Madagascar myself to reevaluate the movies, and I have yet to see Bee Movie and Monsters vs Aliens.

talonmalon333

Antz and Prince of Egypt. The first Shrek was good, too. To be honest, that's all I like from them. :(

Neomysterion X. Prime

Might as well go with the Shrek series, since I don't really go out the theatres that often.  :sweat:

Grounder

Easily it has to be How to Train Your Dragon, because the plot is great and the humor itself doesn't rely on pop-culture references.
AAAAAAAAAAAA!

Commode

Haven't seen any of DW's output this year, including HTTYD, Shrek 4, or Megamind so keep that in mind.  My favorites though out of everything else would probably be the first Shrek, Kung-Fu Panda, and Prince of Egypt/Road to El Dorado.  I also really like Over The Hedge, although I guess no one agrees with me on that one.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

SSJ Jake

I really like the Prince of Egypt. For the record, I hate Christianity, I think the Bible is a really poorly written fairy tale (was the son of _ was the son of _ was the son of _) and I hate how people allow the dumb book to dominate their lives. But Dreamworks made the characters interesting and likable, even Yahweh. It's not just another "Ramesis bad, Noah good" adaption.

Otherwise I liked Shrek 1 & 2 and enjoyed Antz when I was younger. I haven't really seen much other Dreamworks movies other than Road to El Dorado, which was okay, and Shark Tale, which was shit.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Angus

Prince of Egypt was cool, but I'll favor the first Shrek movie. Family likes the Madagascar movies and Kung Fu Panda. I've yet to see Megamind or How To Train Your Dragon. Just as long as they don't throw bombs like Doogal.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Quote from: SSJ Jake on December 28, 2010, 03:40:44 PM
I really like the Prince of Egypt. For the record, I hate Christianity, I think the Bible is a really poorly written fairy tale (was the son of _ was the son of _ was the son of _) and I hate how people allow the dumb book to dominate their lives. But Dreamworks made the characters interesting and likable, even Yahweh. It's not just another "Ramesis bad, Noah good" adaption.

Um, the Joseph story's from the Old Testament.  :bleh:
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

talonmalon333

Quote from: SSJ Jake on December 28, 2010, 03:40:44 PM

I don't want this topic to become about it, but that was extremely uncalled for.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with talon. I have absolutely no problem with you or anyone else expressing their opinion, SSJ Jake, and as for this particular opinion of yours I'm personally 100% neutral to it, but that's not the point. I'd rather that we exclude expressing personal feelings about other religions or ethnicity or races or anything of the sort, even though I'm sure there isn't any current member of the site who would directly be offended by your particular opinion in this case. Either way, we aren't really here to talk about religion and stuff like that, so just for future reference, lets all try to keep the talk on these threads focused on the actual topic at hand, and try to avoid comments that could potentially offend someone reading it in any serious way. That's all that I ask.

And no, I'm not even really directing this at SSJ Jake, personally, but rather would appreciate if everybody abides by it as a general rule.

You may all carry on, now.

SSJ Jake

Fair enough but why are you all bringing it up three days later? You could have very well pointed it out to me like the day I made that post. Can't say I'm sorry for my own opinions but I do apologize if this gets off topic into a debate.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, as for me that would be because I didn't bother checking this thread out again until just today.