Favorite Animated Dreamworks Movie

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 10:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Thing of it is, you guys don't actually know if its as bad as looks. Especially if you haven't seen it. I for one want to go see it. And can't be as bad you guys are making it put if managed to score 64%.  :butbut:

Spark Of Spirit

I don't plan on seeing Epic Movie anytime soon either, yet I'm pretty sure that's as awful as Vampires Suck (which I also haven't seen). With certain genres, you just get an inkling.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

The Rise of the Guardians was actually pretty alright.  Have no idea what this racing snail movie is though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Peanutbutter

An inkling that in this case could be wrong. My point is that it seems you guys seem to just assume its without looking into if what others are saying about it. Of course Epic Movie sucked, and the critical and audience reviews reflected that. But they're not reflecting what your believing about Turbo.

My point is that its one thing if previews make a movie seem like its irredeemable, but after it comes out it doesn't hurt to look into if there is or not evidence that is.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not quite sure what would specifically be wrong when I don't like the concept, the humor, the plot, or really anything about it on a general level. I can't think of a single time where I liked a movie despite all that.

The last time would probably be Cars... and I was right about that. First Pixar movie I outright didn't like.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

If you don't want to watch that's fair. But its still not terrible like its getting made out.

Angus

My pups liked Turbo; of course it's their target demographic.  I got out of having to watch that.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Homura Akemi on September 23, 2013, 03:02:54 PMI'm one of those people who prefer Megamind over Despicable Me, and I saw Megamind at the cinema and had a blast.
I'm with you there.

Avaitor

I think I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't seen Despicable Me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Quote from: Homura Akemi on September 24, 2013, 01:57:24 AM
You're not really missing out on anything, if I can be honest. The only distinctive thing about the film I can remember is the Minions.
But you can't take anything away from Steve Carell. He made Gru into something truly his own.

Spark Of Spirit

I liked Despicable Me. It wasn't a favorite or anything, but I enjoyed watching it.