The Top Ten Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 06, 2012, 02:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

As long as that garbage "I love you like a love song" isn't put up there, I'm good. That is possibly the worst pop song in the past ten years.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 24, 2012, 08:40:50 PM
As long as that garbage "I love you like a love song" isn't put up there, I'm good. That is possibly the worst pop song in the past ten years.
Demi and Selena may be best friends, but you can tell which one is the more musically inclined, can't ya?

Anyway, first 5's up.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Not bad. Since U Been Gone was a guilty pleasure back when it came out for most people.

Those links in the posts are still so ridiculous.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Decent choices. I was a little shocked to see BYOB on there, but hey, I guess it does technically fit.

Avaitor

Next 5. I think this might be the most interesting set of 5 that I have, really.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

Wow, it's a pretty good list so far(except for "Toxic" , I can't stand that song, and being a Britney song has nothing to do with it).  While I don't particularly like them too much, I do think that Rihanna and Lady Gaga are amongst the most tolerable pop music out right now.

...Rihanna's acting though, that may be a different story.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on May 25, 2012, 03:10:58 PM
Wow, it's a pretty good list so far(except for "Toxic" , I can't stand that song, and being a Britney song has nothing to do with it).
Agreed. I have no real opinion on Britney one way or the other, but I fucking hate Toxic.

Rest of the list is great, though.

Avaitor

I could've gone with "Womanizer", which is the only other Britney song I can really tolerate. But I figured that I kind of needed something by her in it, since she's too big of a name to leave out.

Although you could argue that Katy Perry is in the same boat, but I can give away that nothing by her will make it on here.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Comeau on May 25, 2012, 03:10:58 PM
...Rihanna's acting though, that may be a different story.

Oh, so you've seen Battleship?  :blush:

Commode

Uh... okay yeah.  But I'm in the Navy, and this film was a way for the Navy to wave it's (somewhat fictionalized) boner around.  I'm even on the type of ship Rihanna is on, a destroyer.

It's pretty good visually, and much of the portrayal of the Navy(except for the fighting aliens part) is rather acurrate, but its garbage acting and story wise.  So yeah, just like Transformers.

Avaitor

Next 5's up.

And we have our first repeat artist. Will any more show up in the top 5? You'll just have to wait and see.  ;)

New blog!

Commode

Oh god, Evanescence.  Hearing Amy Lee's voice is enough to burst my ear drums.  And I've seen them in concert before, granted way back when right around the time that song was coming out.

But still, awful awful stuff.

Kiddington

I don't think I've ever heard a single Evanescence song besides the one you listed (and if I have, it was obviously underwhelming to the point that I don't even remember it). That song, by the way, is still massively overplayed.

Did any of their other stuff ever get radio play, or were they just another glorified one-hit wonder?

Commode

Yeah, there's "Going Under", another song from the first album that I can't remember the name of but it's a softer song, and "Call Me When You're Sober".

Avaitor

There's also this. I think it might've been an even bigger hit for them than "Bring Me to Life", in fact.

New blog!