Breaking Bad

Started by ToonFaithful, April 06, 2012, 09:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

I laughed when AMC played a commercial going "Please don't drop watching us! Odenkirk and Esposito are going to be on new shows with us soon! You can pretend that's sorta like BCS! Please!"

Avaitor

You know, I was thinking about how despite making some of the best shows of all time, AMC doesn't feel as essential as HBO or FX do. They also don't seem to not know how to stay afloat post-BCS. Losing the Heisenverse is going to sting, and even though they're still milking Walking Dead, its heyday has long since passed. And none of the other shows they have look as appealing as Mad Men, Halt and Catch Fire, or The Terror.

With BCS over and the price for seemingly everything going up, I just cancelled my AMC+ subscription. Although losing Shudder is disappointing, but I couldn't justify keeping it over most of the other ones I have.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, the days where AMC could rival the other big prestige networks are long gone. Maybe it's because they're facing the same uncertain doom every basic cable network is going through, but you'd think the network that produced Breaking Bad and understood what they had to give Vince another show could keep up the momentum instead of dropping in favor of a dozen Walking Dead shows. Maybe that Interview With The Vampire show Bryan Fuller is making will help them out?

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 16, 2022, 10:19:51 PM
Yeah, this series has been great all the way through. What I find most impressive is how effectively it builds tension despite mostly being a prequel where we know the outcomes of most of the major characters already. I think endearing us to other likable characters original to this show certainly helped with that, like with Kim Wexler and Nacho, as well as villains like Lalo.
I don't want to toot the old "Breaking Bad plot-driven, BCS was character-driven" adage, but it's true. The main hook of the show wasn't asking what would happen, but the tragedy of knowing what will inevitably happen to these characters despite their protests. Like Mike. Watch his scenes closely, and you see he absolutely doesn't want to become the Mike we see in Breaking Bad, but all his attempts to find a way out are met with dread, and he's stuck in a loop until Walt inevitably shoots him. Same with Jimmy, as it turns out his relationship with Walter all amounted to a retread of his relationship with Chuck.

Dr. Insomniac

GregX

GregX

So on Twitter there's this meme "Howard Hamlin is the type of guy who" and an artist named Camila Gonzalez did "howard hamlin the type of guy to laugh at every witty remark in a marvel movie" and drew this.

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Insomniac

I know why since he said in interviews that he can't emotionally handle staying in the role for too long, and doing a comedic ad is obviously easier than coming back for an episode, but it's still kinda perplexing how Raymond Cruz apparently wasn't interested in doing a scene between Tuco and Lalo somewhere in the last two seasons of Better Call Saul but agreed to do that Popcorners ad.

Dr. Insomniac

If during one of your Breaking Bad rewatches, you somehow ever thought "I wish this time around, BB was more like Baki the Grappler"...

Dr. Insomniac