TV Sucks

Started by Commode, February 09, 2012, 08:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I mean, it's hard to go down from Smallville.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 30, 2013, 04:32:23 PM
I've been its really good myself. My mom and brother like it. I didn't check it out at first because I wasn't sure how it was going to play out. It didn't help that came shortly after that failed Wonder Woman pilot. But a number of people have said they've enjoyed it, so I'm going to try and watch in reruns.
There was a Wonder Woman pilot?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on May 30, 2013, 04:48:23 PM
I mean, it's hard to go down from Smallville.
Shuddap.

Foggle

Arrow is pretty decent and Smallville is The fuckin' Dark Knight compared to that Wonder Woman pilot.

Peanutbutter

Ehhhhh, the most terrible thing I've heard about Smallville is what they did with Lana near the end of the show. Other than that, Smallville was okay when I watched.

Avaitor

So besides that new season/mini-series of 24 that's supposed to air soon, next year, NBC is doing the same for Heroes. I don't know about you, but as one of the many people who got into the first season and instantly felt disappointed with the show as it went on, I can't help but wonder, when looking back, if the show wasn't that good to begin with. Its plot advancements probably feel dated now, and I don't recall really caring about any of the characters even when I was into it.

Although if this is part of the future of TV, I'm curious. I don't care about Heroes anymore and I haven't seen 24, but if we can get a mini-series revival out of Firefly, I'm game.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Hmm, tell me more about this 24 series revival.

Avaitor

New blog!

gunswordfist

I can't think of any other recent plot based series revivals that I've heard of.

No-Personality

24 should have been buried in its first season.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Two and a Half Men was renewed for a 12th season. From what I can recall, this is the first time a live-action sitcom has gone past 11 seasons since Ozzie & Harriet in the fucking 60's.

yep.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Haven't the ratings plummeted? Why is it still getting renewed?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The ratings were plummeting, yes, but CBS pulled a last-minute time slot switch with it and The Crazy Ones (which I actually like, but hasn't been announced for renewal yet), and Men got a bit of a boost back. It's still nowhere near BBT level popularity anymore, but I guess Warner demanded that CBS to try something to get some more syndication money out of the show.

There's no way that Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer are gonna be paid as well as they had been, though. I think they were making like twice as much as BBT's group was, which isn't even remotely feasible now.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I guess I just don't understand the popularity the show gets. Every episode is essentially the same thing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist