TV Sucks

Started by Commode, February 09, 2012, 08:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Eh, I like House, though not enough to regularly watch it.

Commode

Why is George Lopez still on Nick at Nite? 
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Everything with George Lopez is automatically terrible by default. Everything.

You know what I still can't believe? TBS actually giving him a talk show. Thankfully that thing is long gone by now (praise Conan for bumping his cushy timeslot), but still, just the thought of it gives me chills. You couldn't ask for a more uncharismatic, downright ear-searingly annoying host than him.

gunswordfist

Damn, annoying too? :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

They also refuse to remove his sitcom from Nick @ Nite.

The thing has been there for like 5 years, it's time to go, already.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Is Chris still on?

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, since they took off Malcolm In The Middle they have yet to take off anything else.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I honestly haven't watched Nick@Nite ever since they took off Fresh Prince.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 13, 2012, 06:58:05 PM
I don't think much else has changed since then. I also barely watch it anymore because it's all the same shows, and they refuse to let anything new in to shake it up.

Also they still air George Lopez way too much. The show that thinks it's some kind of groundbreaking comedy but is really not at all. The show thinks too highly of itself and it's a real pain to watch.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Lopez has his heart in the right place when it comes to social issues, but lord knows the man's idea of comedy is the definition of squeaky clean sanitized jokes. Thought that seems to be a problem with a lot of ethnic comedies. They have to conform to stereotypes to find a bigger audience, otherwise they risk alienating the bigger audience. A sad reality because stuff like Everybody Hates Chris shows that there's definitely room for that kind of comedy.

Daxdiv

I enjoyed Everybody Hates Chris. Maybe it's because I like Chris Rock or something but there was something about his family life in that show that felt real and believable for me.

Spark Of Spirit

It's probably because everyone on EHC is a character and not a stereotype. As I've said before, compared to Malcolm In The Middle in which every character acts the same in every episode using the same formula, there's just no contest between the two.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on March 13, 2012, 06:58:05 PM
Ugh, I believe i remember that change. I used to watch that show like crazy until it became scarce.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 14, 2012, 12:53:41 PM
It's probably because everyone on EHC is a character and not a stereotype. As I've said before, compared to Malcolm In The Middle in which every character acts the same in every episode using the same formula, there's just no contest between the two.
You may be on to something...*strokes beard* :thinkin:

GaryPotter

Why does Nick@Nite even still exist? If I were Nick I'd just put my normal stuff on 24/7 like Disney does.