TV Sucks

Started by Commode, February 09, 2012, 08:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

I am aghast.

Simply aghast.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

At this rate, I'm surprised there hasn't been a Chris Chan reality show yet.

Kiddington

Quote"If it's cooked right, like at a Hardee's or something"

:wth:

Once again, I am aghast. Simply aghast.

This show is appalling on so many levels.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 08, 2012, 10:14:00 PM
Remember when TLC was The Learning Channel?
The what now? I honestly thought it was always a home improvement channel.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on July 17, 2012, 07:24:08 PM
Can someone explain to me why the Teen Wolf show is getting attention? Is there really anything more to it than MTV trying to cash in on the supernatural craze going on?
Yeah, I still don't get this. The original movie wasn't even good.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I watched an episode. It was basically like a CW show, but more homoerotic. Saul Tigh also made a cameo for some reason.

Doesn't help that it only borrows the film's title and nothing more.

Angus

Wow people still watch Friends? Is it that timeless?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Nel_Annette

Well, it was terrible back then, and it's terrible now, so I guess it's timeless in that regard.  :awesome:

Kiddington

Don't seem so surprised; I actually know quite a few people that still legitimately like Friends.

I often wonder if they're somehow vicariously living in the year 1998 and don't realize it (or in reality, how long it's been since they've even seen it), but, it is what it is.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, pop music is still stuck in the year 1998, so it only makes sense that TV would have the same issue.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Other than the Jennifer Aniston movies, I did try to watch Web Therapy (Lisa Kudrow) the other day; it resembles those talking heads daytime news shows. Haven't bothered to see what the other Friends are doing. Of course now that I'm reading 20th Century Boys, I have to wonder about Friends.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Insomniac

I just remembered that Saved by the Bell was a show that actually existed.

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 21, 2012, 04:35:55 PM
I just remembered that Saved by the Bell was a show that actually existed.

Avaitor

Yeah, this is one of the 90's stables whose appeal is lost on me.

New blog!