Wreck It Ralph

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 16, 2012, 04:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

I kind of wonder if the Oreo gag was inspired by a similar gag in Rosebud.  Jim Reardon was still on the staff at the time of the episode's production.

Also got a kick out of the two donut cops being named Duncan(Dunkin') and Winchell.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Paperman might have been one of Disney's best shorts. Too bad the kids didn't seem to like it all that much from what I heard. :(

Quote from: Comeau on November 03, 2012, 10:35:18 PM
I kind of wonder if the Oreo gag was inspired by a similar gag in Rosebud.  Jim Reardon was still on the staff at the time of the episode's production.
My friend and I said this exact same thing in the theater. Rich Moore AND Jim Reardon working on it can't have been a coincidence.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Did anyone notice that Skrillex was in the Fix-It Felix party?

That was one of the few things that bugged me in the movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Just came back from it as well. I loved it. I think my only complaint was what Spark said in that Ralph and Felix should have had some more interactions and some parts were predicatble for me, but I come to expect that to come with age. Though I did like the bond between  Vanellope and Ralph and that was what the film had going for it. This film did hit me right in the feels at certain points, mostly with Vanellope wanting to be a racer and Ralph wanting to be the good guy. Calhoun was a hoot as well. Sure she was a like a typical general you expect from FPS games that take themselves seriously, but I still couldn't help but love her character. I kind of want to see if there's an action figure of her. I know there's one of Ralph, Felix and Vanellope and I probably plan to buy them later in the week.

As for Paperman, it had it's nice charm. I loved the visuals in it the most of all and liked how the story was told by actions, rather than words. Felt a little artsy and since I went to like a 10 PM showing and most of the people in the theater looked like they can drive a car I wouldn't know how kids reacted to that. If this doesn't make the Oscar nom for animated short.... I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Seriously with this film, Disney's Animation studio did 2 things better than Pixar this year, the main movie and the short and I LOVED La Luna when I went to see Brave during the summer. In fact I still stand by La Luna being more entertaining that Brave, considering I remembered more about Luna than Brave.

P.S.

DAMN YOU AKB48 FOR SINGING SUGAR RUSH! THAT SONG IS NOW STUCK IN MY HEAD DESPITE NOT KNOWING JAPANESE!

Commode

I guess a Sonic cabinet even made it into the movie.  Shows what I know, I didn't know there was Sonic arcade games.

Foggle

There's a Japan-only one that uses a trackball (like Marble Madness).

Spark Of Spirit

That cabinet is Sonic The Fighters.

Quote from: Foggle on November 04, 2012, 10:21:17 AM
There's a Japan-only one that uses a trackball (like Marble Madness).
This is SegaSonic.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Yeah there are like five or six Sonic arcade games but the bulk of them are Japan only and most of them are actually like kiddie horse rides.

Avaitor

What did you guys think of Sarah Silverman? She usually annoys me easily, but I think she pulled off the childish energy of Vanellope very well. At the same time, some of my least favorite bits came from her.

You know which ones I'm talking about.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

She wasn't annoying to me (her voice, anyway), which considering this is Sarah Silverman is a feat in and of itself.

Daxdiv

I like her here as Vallenope. She actually felt like an energetic kid, which kind of surprised me since I'm used to her being an adult in everything she's been in. I'm pretty indifferent to Silverman in general but I liked her in this film more than anything else. I mean sure I could imagine another voice for Vallenope, but I think this is probably Silverman's best role yet.

Avaitor

Have you guys played Fix-It Felix Jr. yet? Disney's site has the game, so you don't need to find an arcade cabinet.

It's insanely fun. I've already played it a few times.

New blog!

Commode

Yep, have it on my phone.  I think it's free on iTunes App Store.

Avaitor

I have to call bs on this one. There's no way that rip-off company would actually be THIS blatant and THIS hideous.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

This one HAS to be in lawsuit territory. Come on, it's the same everything!