Wreck It Ralph

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 16, 2012, 04:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Il on July 04, 2013, 04:35:50 PM
Quote from: Foggle on July 04, 2013, 04:26:31 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 04, 2013, 03:25:08 PM
I'm listening to a commentary track for this one, which is done by the guys who made the tracks I've talked about earlier on here, and apparently there are cameos of Maximus from Tangled and the T-Rex from Meet the Robinsons that appear pretty early on. I gotta check up on that.
You aren't listening to THE BEST commentary track on it, though.
hmm... Did I just miss out on something really good? I recently gave my borrowed copy back to my nephew. ???
Nah, we just did a podcast commentary on it last year.

Lord Il

^Ah, I see. I'll check it out.

Avaitor

So whatever happened to the podcast?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on July 04, 2013, 06:03:16 PM
We do YouTube videos now instead. Same kind of stuff really, but people actually watch/listen to our shit. Our channel has 700+ subscribers!

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on July 04, 2013, 06:28:20 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 04, 2013, 06:03:16 PM
We do YouTube videos now instead. Same kind of stuff really, but people actually watch/listen to our shit. Our channel has 700+ subscribers!
Oh, sweet!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Angus

Movie's made it to the cable On Demand rounds. Yay!

Tapper's pretty cool.  Would have been even funnier if he opened one of the beers.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

New blog!

Lord Il

Quote from: Avaitor on April 03, 2014, 12:15:29 PM
According to this, a sequel is indeed in the works.
It was such an enjoyable movie from start to finish. It's been a little while but I remember how the story was wrapped up so well. I'm curious as to how a sequel might work. Perhaps an expanded cast of characters will be added? I'd be very curious as to who the main antagonist would be in a second flick (so many possibilities!)

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on April 03, 2014, 12:15:29 PMAccording to this, a sequel is indeed in the works.

How could they possibly expand on it? They covered both old and new generations of games in the first movie. There's no other ground to cover.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finally got around to watching this film as well as KFP. I really did love this one. It's one of the most inspired Disney films that I've seen in a long time, and easily as good as any of the best Pixar films. It's refreshing to see Disney make a good movie without the use of Pixar.

talonmalon333

Hold on... I could've sworn you made that post weeks ago? :P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Did I? I must've forgotten about it, but either way, it's a good movie, so I don't see any harm in talking about how good it is twice.

Avaitor

While I do wish that Disney would integrate more original ideas into the parks, and stop relying entirely on movie properties to make attractions, I really would welcome a Wreck-It Ralph expansion somewhere.

On the other hand, the only place I could see it really fit at WDW is in the Innovations pavilion in Epcot, and I'm not so sure if replacing one classic section of that park with more movie tie-ins is the right way to go (see: Finding Nemo overtaking The Living Sea; the all-but officially confirmed likelihood of Norway's pavilion in the World Showcase getting a massive Frozen overhaul). Hollywood Studios is already getting their (again, not officially announced but something pretty much everyone can tell is happening) Star Wars update, Magic Kingdom just finished their Fantasyland expansion and really doesn't need the push to do more, and WIR just wouldn't fit in Animal Kingdom at all, which is already getting their Avatar land. I've heard that Tomorrowland at Disneyland might get a Star Wars overhaul as well, but maybe they can consider bringing in Funland-related material instead, without altering Space Mountain of course, and leave the SW section of Hollywood unique to the east.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on August 20, 2014, 04:56:43 PMOn the other hand, the only place I could see it really fit at WDW is in the Innovations pavilion in Epcot, and I'm not so sure if replacing one classic section of that park with more movie tie-ins is the right way to go (see: Finding Nemo overtaking The Living Sea; the all-but officially confirmed likelihood of Norway's pavilion in the World Showcase getting a massive Frozen overhaul).

Anything done to Epcot would be an improvement. It's Disney's least interesting park.

Although I don't think a movie as good as Wreck-it Ralph should be wasted there. There could be more potential at the other parks.