Wreck It Ralph

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 16, 2012, 04:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not sure if anyone is looking into this film about a video game villain from the 8 bit era out to prove he's a hero, but not only is it looking like an original idea, but there will apparently be many video game characters like these guys:

In the middle screen you can see Bowser, Zangief, and Robotnik. Just thought I'd make a thread for this piece of news! Feel free to use it for future updates.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Sounds interesting. Hope it's as good as Roger Rabbit.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I think that's what they're going for. Sort of like Roger Rabbit was for animation this will be for video games.

At least I hope they don't mess it up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I wish to remain hopeful, but video games have never really crossed over to other media that well.

At the very least, some of these cameos should be worth a watch. Hope they go all the way and bust out some obscure stars from forgotten arcade and home entertainment games.

Avaitor

I honestly haven't been keeping up with this one as much as I have other movies in the DAC, but the concept is pretty cool.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

This is just a taste of upcoming character cameos that will appear in the movie. Chun-Li and Zangief? Yes, please.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Q-bert!

I think there's others in the background. Like is that Ryu Hayabusa over the right cherry?

Avaitor

If I squint hard enough, I can see what you mean.

But yeah, this has the potential to be a lot of fun.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 09:51:13 PM
Q-bert!

I think there's others in the background. Like is that Ryu Hayabusa over the right cherry?

If a movie of any sort were to put in any reference to Ninja Gaiden (especially classic 8-bit NG), I'd see it just for that. I'm not even kidding. I sat through The Wizard just because I heard the words Ninja Gaiden were mentioned in it. Hey, did you guys all know I'm a fan of Ninja Gaiden? :happytime:

No, but seriously, I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but this sounds like an awesome idea for a movie. I hope it turns out great if it ever actually comes out.

Spark Of Spirit

That villain scene featuring Dr. Wily, Bowser, Robotnik, and Zangief should be cute, too.

And those are just the references, the actual plot sound interesting, too.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can understand the others, but why Zangief? Isn't SF's main villain M. Bison?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 05, 2012, 10:58:04 PM
I can understand the others, but why Zangief? Isn't SF's main villain M. Bison?
Dunno, maybe he's in the wrong meeting? I'd have to see the scene.

Foggle

Here's the trailer. Looks pretty good. Not really digging anything after 1:45, though.

Avaitor

ONCE IN A LIFETIME?!!!!

Talking Heads is always a plus.

Also, check out all the cameos.

New blog!

Rynnec

Why did they have to use the remix version of "Levels"?

Movie looks pretty good, loved the meeting scene at the beginning.