Naoki Urasawa

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, February 17, 2012, 05:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

Oh yeah, I did finally get around to finishing 20th Century Boys (and 21st).
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

I watched the second live-action adaptation for 20th Century Boys; it starts from teenage Kanna's story and goes through to the start of 3 FE. They got a lot of the character looks and scenes spot on, especially with the lead girls Kanna and Kyoko and their expressions. Slight tweaks in the storyline (Kanna and Kyoko go to Friend Land together, and a tweaking of fate of Yamane and Friend).
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

LumRanmaYasha

Viz plans to release the Master Keaton manga under the Viz Signature label this december.

Interesting. I wonder if they'll put out Master Keaton Remaster when they are done? Though, I wonder why Billy Bat hasn't been licensed already? They must be waiting for it to end first.

Avaitor

I know someone who's in Japan now and found the complete Monster manga in a set, translated to English, for dirt cheap.

Sadly I couldn't convince her to pick up a copy for me, since I don't know her in person and she has so much stuff she's taking home with her, but damn.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Are you sure it was official? I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but even so I wouldn't expect it to be "dirt cheap." Cool if it's the real deal though.

I'm satisfied we're getting omnibus re-releases anyway. They'll be affordable enough, especially over the two or so years it'll take all of 'em to get out. I hope Viz'll do the same with 20th Century Boys sometime as well.

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on March 04, 2014, 06:39:33 PM
Are you sure it was official? I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but even so I wouldn't expect it to be "dirt cheap." Cool if it's the real deal though.
I dunno.

When do the omnibuses come out, anyway?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

They start coming out this July. New volumes will be released every three months.

LumRanmaYasha

The first two Monster omnibi are now available to pre-order on Rightstuf.

The official street date for the release of the first omnibus is July 15th.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Only $15?

I gotta hit this up.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

The first volume of Master Keaton is now available to pre-order on Rightstuf.

Judging from the page count, it seems like they'll be combining two volumes into one a la what Kodansha is doing with Vinland Saga, which works for me just fine since the release of the series will be completed faster.

LumRanmaYasha

As part of their weekly Manga Mondays, today you can pre-order the first Monster omnibus from Barnes and Noble for only $9.99. This is $5 cheaper than Rightstuf's price, so if you're planning on buying the Monster omnibi, it'd be good to hit up this offer before the end of the day.

Avaitor

I actually just used that!

I was going to buy it at my local B&N anyway, so why not take up the chance to get it half-priced?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I was going to use it, but for some reason I can't complete the order and no reason is given.

Oh well, typical.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, amazon.ca has all three first volumes for preorder. I'll go for them and get free shipping.