"Once Upon a Time in the West" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, February 20, 2012, 07:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

There were three men in her life. One to take her... one to love her... and one to kill her.

Frank: "The future don't matter to us. Nothing matters now - not the land, not the money, not the woman. I came here to see you. 'Cause I know that now, you'll tell me what you're after."
Harmonica: "...Only at the point of dyin'."

Release Date: 5/28/69
Studio: Paramount
Director: Sergio Leone
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Techniscope)
Starring: Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Gabriele Ferzetti

Plot Summary: Morton (Gabriele Ferzetti), the power-hungry owner of a railroad company, hires Frank (Henry Fonda, playing against type), a gunfighter without a conscience, to kill anyone who stands in the way of the completion of the railroad. After Frank murders land owner Brett McBain (Frank Wolff), McBain's widow (Claudia Cardinale) hires two killers of her own to protect her and gain revenge: a mysterious, harmonica-playing desperado (Charles Bronson) and his rogue sidekick (Jason Robards). Using techniques previously unseen in the genre, Sergio Leone utilizes close-ups, color, and Ennio Morricone's trademark score to create a tense and somber meditation on death which is widely considered to be one of the best westerns in cinematic history. Soon-to-be legendary Italian directors Dario Argento (SUSPIRIA) and Bernardo Bertolucci (THE LAST EMPEROR) collaborated with Leone on the screenplay.

COMMENTS?

LD Movie Talkback #1!

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Remember when all movie posters looked that epic?

So good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Pharass

Henry Fonda's Frank is one of my all-time favorite villains.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.