Doctor Who

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 10:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEclecticDude

First watched Doctor Who back in 2011 with the premiere of Series 6 and was like 'huh, what this show about?'

So after watching several episodes (new and classic) I am a big fan of this show and can't wait for the 50th Anniversary special later this year.

Finally, The Sun Makers is my personal favorite story of the Tom Baker/Fourth Doctor era. I've watched it more times than any other classic serial

Painted Outlaw

Spent a good long while recently marathoning everything from Eccleston onwards ('cept, "Love and Monsters") and, currently on "Bells of Saint John". (Simply put: if it didn't have Amy, Rory, Empty Children, River Song (well, River post-Flesh and Stone) or a Pandorica; I probably liked it)

Quick Edit: "End of Time" was also a lil meh though, the Time Lords at the end was cool.

Lord Il

THE TIMELORDS / KLF - Doctorin' The Tardis
Very weird project by The KLF. Approx. 20 years later, the association of this song with Gary Glitter is somewhat regretable. :whuh:

------------
Just a mini rant..
On the evening just before the newest Doctor was revealed, I was talking with a female friend about general sci/fi stuff. When Doctor Who came up in the convo, she mentioned how much she enjoyed the series. I happened to mention how the fourth Doctor, the longest running Doctor, Tom Baker, was one of my all time favorites based on his wacky and fun personality. The conversation fell silent. I swear you could hear crickets chirping from every corner in the room. The empty look on her face! She didn't even know who Tom Baker was. I believe I died just a little.

So... if it's not current, it doesn't exist.
:srs:

Painted Outlaw

Quote from: Lord Il on August 24, 2013, 01:29:08 PMSo... if it's not current, it doesn't exist. :srs:

Sounds like this picture I found when looking for Tom Baker gifs the other day.

Avaitor

It's interesting to see how a lot of fans choose to remain ignorant about the past Doctors.

I'm still not very well versed in the original serials at all, but there's some really cool stuff to check out in there, even if it's not widely consistent.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Il

Quote from: Sheol on August 24, 2013, 07:57:55 PM
Quote from: Lord Il on August 24, 2013, 01:29:08 PMSo... if it's not current, it doesn't exist. :srs:

Sounds like this picture I found when looking for Tom Baker gifs the other day.
haha! Exactly!
Now I don't feel so bad.

Quote from: Avaitor on August 24, 2013, 08:12:44 PM
It's interesting to see how a lot of fans choose to remain ignorant about the past Doctors.
It is very interesting. ???

Avaitor

So a while ago I called that Smith was retiring Eleven, but what do you think of the possibility that Moffat will step down on his run of the show after this coming series?

I don't have much to call on this besides the heavy implications that River's Doctor is going to be Capaldi, but between working on DW and Sherlock, Moffat has got to be tired and realizes that he doesn't do a great job of running two shows at once. It would make for a fitting end to have River meet her Doctor for the first time and call it a run.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Jay L. Corbell

Quote from: Avaitor on November 17, 2013, 09:02:25 PM
So a while ago I called that Smith was retiring Eleven, but what do you think of the possibility that Moffat will step down on his run of the show after this coming series?

I don't have much to call on this besides the heavy implications that River's Doctor is going to be Capaldi, but between working on DW and Sherlock, Moffat has got to be tired and realizes that he doesn't do a great job of running two shows at once. It would make for a fitting end to have River meet her Doctor for the first time and call it a run.
When you say "River's Doctor," what do you mean, exactly?

Avaitor

Quote from: Jay L. Corbell on November 17, 2013, 09:27:14 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on November 17, 2013, 09:02:25 PM

When you say "River's Doctor," what do you mean, exactly?
Oh, I meant the one she first met and fell in love with, since it's supposedly not Eleven.

New blog!

Avaitor

It's about 2 1/2 hours til the special!

My local comic book shop and our local British import shop have combined together to show it at a hotel over here, so I'll be hitting that up soon.

New blog!

Avaitor

In other news, the Christmas special is airing in the US soon!

Edit: nvm, this is just a repeat of the anniversary special. Why doesn't anyone post in this thread anymore? I know we have viewers. And look! Bruce!

New blog!

Daikun

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Has Paltridge actually watched Disney XD? Because if he has he should know that it does air advertising, and did so back when the network was still Toon Disney as well.

In any case, this is a strange decision on Disney's part, but I can't say I wouldn't mind catching the occasional rerun on XD (providing they aren't butchered/censored too much).

Avaitor

New blog!