Doctor Who

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 10:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 27, 2010, 10:30:09 PM
Another show I'm probably the only fan of her
Guy I was watching snow filled broadcasts of Peter Davison back when you were watching... something else. Probably.

Dr. Insomniac

Angus

"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Kinda cool that Season 6 premiered in the US within the day as the UK premiere.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Insomniac

Odd move on Moffat's part to make Slender Man the Big Bad of this season.

Dr. Insomniac

Congrats Moffat. You managed to unnerve the fuck out of me to the point where I couldn't sleep until 6.

And yay! Pirates and Neil Gaiman!

Dr. Insomniac

Neil Gaiman's episode = Fucking brilliant. Only regret is that there'll probably be a surge of Doctor/Tardis ship fics in a few minutes.

Avaitor

So someone sent me a message on my tumblr telling me to watch the episode "Blink". I took that piece of advice and I quite liked it.

I'll try to get into it more in the near future. Probably very near.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

It's already on hiatus in favor of Torchwood Miracle Day? Why?! :/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Angus on August 08, 2011, 02:11:40 PM
It's already on hiatus in favor of Torchwood Miracle Day? Why?! :/
Just 3 more weeks for us though.

In the meantime, I've found myself getting well acquainted with the Big Finish audios. In particular, Home Truths, Peri & the Piscon Paradox, and A Death in the Family have grown to be favorites of mine. Almost makes me wonder why these guys aren't working on the actual series. I mean, if Gatiss, Shearman, and Cornell can make the leap, not sure why Guerrier, Morris, Fountain, or Hall can't.

Dr. Insomniac

So Let's Kill Hitler... :wth:

Doctor Who has come back in full force.

Kiddington

You know what? I'm gonna do it. I'm going to start getting into this show, or at least finally give it a shot. I've been putting it off for a while now, but I think it's time.

Hey Insommy, got any particular episode recommendations that I should start with, or can I just jump right in now and not miss a beat?

Lord Dalek

For a newbie, its best to skip the first 26 years and start with the 2005 season and "Rose". Otherwise... perhaps "Robot". That was the first episode many yanks saw in the 70s.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 28, 2011, 11:59:55 PM
For a newbie, its best to skip the first 26 years and start with the 2005 season and "Rose". Otherwise... perhaps "Robot". That was the first episode many yanks saw in the 70s.
Yeah, Rose is definitely your best bet. Though if you want to get caught up fast, watch "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead", then go straight to Series 5.

Or you could go the masochist route and start at "An Unearthly Child".