"The Silence of the Lambs" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, March 10, 2012, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

To enter the mind of a killer she must challenge the mind of a madman.

"What became of your lamb, Clarice?" - Dr. Hannibal Lector

Release Date: 2/14/1991
Studio: Orion/StrongHeart
Director: Jonathan Demme
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Starring: Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Scott Glenn, Ted Levine

Plot Summary: A psychopath known as Buffalo Bill is kidnapping and murdering young women across the Midwest. Believing it takes one to know one, the F.B.I. sends Agent Clarice Starling to interview a demented prisoner who may provide psychological insight and clues to the killer's actions. The prisoner is psychiatrist, Dr. Hannibal Lector, a brilliant, murderous cannibal who will only help Starling if she feeds his morbid curiosity with details about her own complicated life. This twisted relationship forces Starling not only to confront her psychological demons, but leads her to face with a demented, heinous killer, an incarceration of evil so powerful, that she may not have the courage -- or strength -- to stop him!

COMMENTS?

LD Movie Talkback #90

Foggle

Love this film. Definitely in my top 10, if not top 5. Book is great, too.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, this is one of those movies that I actually feel deserved to win best picture in the Oscars (which I usually highly disagree with in almost every other case).

But really, awards and critical praise or not, its just a thrilling film from start to finish, with a really interesting villain and great action all around. While it never really gets to disturbing levels for me like it does for some people, I do really buy the whole pscyho serial killer in the character Buffalo Bill. Most other movies that try to portray psychopaths do a laughably bad job at it, but this is one of the few films to get it right.

Avaitor

This is pretty random, but I've been wanting to do a video series where I review all the Best Picture winners, a la Cinemassacre.

There's some gold in them there hills, yes, as well as a fair share of undeserving winners, but it'll especially be fun to look through the forgotten gems and the truly awful ones. No man should have to sit through Cimarron or The Greatest Show on Earth.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Tingle

Quote from: Foggle on March 10, 2012, 05:06:19 PM
Love this film. Definitely in my top 10, if not top 5. Book is great, too.

This is one of those films that actually lives up to being as good as the book.