"To Catch a Thief" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, March 15, 2012, 03:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

WANTED by the police in all the luxury-spots of Europe!... A catch for any woman!

Frances Stevens: "I called the police from your room and told them who you are and everything you've been doing tonight."
John Robey: "Everything? The boys must have really enjoyed *that* at headquarters!"

Release Date: August 3, 1955
Studio: Paramount/Alfred Hitchcock Productions
Director: Sir Alfred Hitchcock
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 (VistaVision)
Starring: Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, Jessie Royce Landis, John Williams

Plot Summary: American expatriate John Robie living in high style on the Riviera is a retired cat burglar. He must find out who a copy cat is to keep a new wave of jewel thefts from being pinned on him. High on list of prime victims is Jessie Stevens, in Europe to help daughter Frances find a suitable husband. Lloyds of London insurance agent is using a thief to catch a thief.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #166

TRIVIA: Of all the films Hitchcock made during his legendary Paramount-period (1954-1959), this is the only one Paramount still owns.

Avaitor

Not one of Hitch's very best, but I always found it to be a fun one. It's hard to hate Cary Grant or Grace Kelly separately, and together they're just magnificent.

Also, I requested that Dalek made this talkback since along with the Universal Centennial ones we're doing, we should also have some up for Paramount, since they're sharing the same anniversary. They recently pulled out a Blu-Ray of this a couple of weeks ago, so I figured why not go with it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/