Ultimate Spider-Man

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 25, 2012, 08:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, the last thing I want is Family Guy in my Spider-Man.

Daxdiv

That's the thing, it felt like I was watching Family Guy does Spider-Man, especially with those cutaways where they make Spidey a chibi for some reason, cause I guess the fact he's small increases the humor. HAHAHAHAHAA! Even the cutaways fell flat and I'm pretty sure that a younger version of myself would have found them humorous.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched the first episode of it. I'll just say that its definitely not for me and kindly bow out with just that.

Count me in the crowd of people who wish that TSSM would have been allowed to continue rather than being replaced by this series.

Spark Of Spirit

GregX advises you stay away, too

This series is unbelievably divisive. People either outright hate it, or they love it. No in-between.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

That screenshot made me gag.

With all these negative reviews, I honestly really want to watch it now...

Spark Of Spirit

Only if you watch every episode.

As penance.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Why was SSM canceled, anyway? They could have easily run both of these shows simultaneously. ???

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently it was easier to make a new show than to continue TSSM.

But you know, I could forgive it if it was even at least as good as the 90s show. But it's not close to even that. It's like they thought McFarlane shows, superheroes, and low brow jokes were funny so they threw them all together and threw in some really bad toy ads to make a show.

I don't know what's going on over at Marvel, but I'm starting to think Avengers might be a fluke.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 04:15:02 PM
I don't know what's going on over at Marvel, but I'm starting to think Avengers might be a fluke.
Jeph Loeb, mate. Jeph Loeb.

Foggle

So it's a superhero comedy with a bad script and Spider-Man characters? Lovely.

SSM was so brilliant, too. I remember I was hesitant to watch it because I thought the ads looked dumb, but then you guys convinced me to and I ended up marathoning the whole series in two days. Not something that happens often.

Going to watch the first episode of USM later tonight, then I'll report back with my thoughts. Hopefully it will surpass my expectations...

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 24, 2012, 04:17:57 PM
Since it's being made by his studio, I really wish Joe Kelly was writing for USM. His Deadpool run was brilliant.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 24, 2012, 04:21:00 PM
So it's a superhero comedy with a bad script and Spider-Man characters? Lovely.

SSM was so brilliant, too. I remember I was hesitant to watch it because I thought the ads looked dumb, but then you guys convinced me to and I ended up marathoning the whole series in two days. Not something that happens often.

Going to watch the first episode of USM later tonight, then I'll report back with my thoughts. Hopefully it will be surpass my expectations...
You're going to think it's the worst thing Marvel has ever produced. It's not necessarily that bad, but as far as animated series go...

I'd say it's the worst one.

Is he the cause of the Avengers writers leaving by season 2's end? It's like if Marvel makes something good, he instantly has to squash it.

Dr. Insomniac

Is he the cause of the Avengers writers leaving by season 2's end? It's like if Marvel makes something good, he instantly has to squash it.
From what I heard, yes.

Christ, why couldn't Marvel get a good writer to be their head of animation? Like Warren Ellis or something?

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 04:24:07 PM
You're going to think it's the worst thing Marvel has ever produced. It's not necessarily that bad
Considering that the only Marvel things I'm at all familiar with are Deadpool, the first 300 or so issues of Amazing Spider-Man, and various cartoon series for X-Men and stuff, I don't think I'm in a good position to declare something as "WORST MARVEL PRODUCTION EVARR." :P I'm a comics newb, really.

But from what I hear, this will easily be the worst Marvel-related entity I've ever encountered... aside from Super Hero Squad...

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, you'd probably love Nextwave.

Quote from: Foggle on April 24, 2012, 04:30:31 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 04:24:07 PM
You're going to think it's the worst thing Marvel has ever produced. It's not necessarily that bad
Considering that the only Marvel things I'm at all familiar with are Deadpool, the first 300 or so issues of Amazing Spider-Man, and various cartoon series for X-Men and stuff, I don't think I'm in a good position to declare something as "WORST MARVEL PRODUCTION EVARR." :P I'm a comics newb, really.

But from what I hear, this will easily be the worst Marvel-related entity I've ever encountered... aside from Super Hero Squad...
It's worse than Super Hero Squad.