The Flintstones

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 11:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Been watching season 2 quite a bit lately. Still mighty funny stuff in my opinion.

I can go on with some of my favorite episodes if you want me to?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

SSJ Jake

The Flintstones is really funny to watch when you're high. Try it.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Commode

No, Blues Clues is funny when you're high.

Flintstones is cool though.  Saw my first episode in several years a few days ago on Boomerang, despite the fact that I have the first couple seasons on DVD.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

I appreciate it and how important it may be. But I honestly have to agree with the opinion that it has not aged well. Not saying it's bad though.

Avaitor

The later seasons especially haven't aged well, I'll grant you. The increasing reliance on gimmicks and guest stars are pretty awkward to sit through now, although some are in a funny way.

I think the first few seasons are still quite entertaining, and I even like Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm. Some jokes are a little corny and forced, but the Flintstones and Rubbles are good characters and there are some great lines in there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Neomysterion X. Prime

Still a great Stone Age classic to watch, even though times have changed greatly.
Before I end this post, let me bring on the... Yabba Dabba Doo!

Avaitor

So in case you guys haven't heard, Seth MacFarlane is helming a Flintstones reboot that will air in 2013.

I honestly think it could work. Seth seems to be a big fan of the show, it could use some recent recognition like the Looneys and Scooby are getting, and his early Hanna-Barbera work is quite good. I just really don't like that it's airing on Fox. I know it's MacFarlane and all, but I don't think it's the right place for the show. I really would prefer it if CN or even ABC got it.

Still, it's far too early to make a claim like this, since the show isn't airing for a couple of years, and we know very little about it right now.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not really excited because all of his projects have the exact same writing and animation style. I have no reason to believe this will be any different.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Hmm, would I rather watch this or a live-action Jetsons movie? (seen Yogi Bear movie already)
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Commode

Was just doing some digging around on the internet, and I found this.  I really want to watch it now, and there's a copy of it on YouTube, but the ship's internet isn't fast enough to load the video.  I've already seen all the Winston Cigarettes videos and shit, but this seems much more interesting to me.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

MacFarlane might just be the most polarizing figure in animation. Seriously; the news of this reboot broke, what, 2-3 days ago, and already the original thread on TZ has over six pages of response (mostly complaining)?

Eh... myself, I don't really see this as being such an overly big deal. He's not the greatest talent in the industry by any means, and I find his political preachiness to be a little overbearing at times, but still; he's not the talentless hack that everyone is making him out as. I'd be lying if I said Family Guy and American Dad didn't make me laugh. Sure, Cleveland sucks, but they can't all be winners.

I think he can pull it off; as others have said, I'm more inclined to believe he'll make this as faithful an adaptation as within his means. After all, he is a fan of the original series; one would think he'd try not to screw it up that badly.

Avaitor

Oh man, I've got to see that. Sounds like a trip.

And as for the new series, it's still way too early to make a call. We have at least 2 years for the show to air, and people are already crying fowl on it. Can we at least wait to see some clips or even early artwork before we decide whether this will be good or not? I'm interested, but come on.

Edit: Here's part 1. The second is in the suggestions bar. Really interesting so far.

New blog!

Avaitor

I found this in one of Jerry Beck's FB groups. These are scans for a booklet made for a LaserDisc set of the first 14 episodes of the show. There's some great tidbits in here to read if you're a fan, and even if you're not, John K and Earl Kress didn't really keep some of the commentary safe for kids.

Apparently George Nicholas was HB's horniest animator.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Great find! I'll have to read through this later.

LumRanmaYasha