Jackie Chan Adventures

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 04, 2012, 11:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

This just popped up on my Netflix next to MiB: The series not too long ago. I spent most of my TV time this week watching the first season. The show has aged pretty well. I like how they managed to take Jackie Chan's fighting style and humor and transition it into animation as well as throwing in a heap of adventure (hence the title) and globe hopping on top of it. Check Norris Karate Commandos this ain't, and that's a real relief.

I would still like a full version of the "Chan Is The Man" closing theme. It has way better lyrics than the original Wheatus song.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Funny that you mentioned this show. I found that the series was "legally" uploaded and being streamed on youtube and decided to check out a couple of episodes from season 2. It was the one where Shendu re-writes history and everyone but Jade loses their memory of the real world and become part of the world that Shendu had created. It was a bit rushed, but it was a really fun 2-parter with tons of adventure, fun action scenes, and a good sense of humor. For a show that sounds like it would make for some shitty and forgettable propaganda to cash in on a martial arts star during the high point of his popularity among Americans, it sure did surprise me with how much genuine effort was put into making the show quite a fun watch with pretty likable characters (except for Jade who is mostly as annoying as you'd expect). I really like how the series basically just used Jackie Chan's sense of humor with the character, but other than that it was really its own little martial arts/fantasy/adventure hybrid show and it worked out really well for it. If I ever get some more free time on my hands, I'll probably check out a few more episodes here and there.

Foggle

ONE MOOOOORE THING

Love this show. Was easily in my top 5 ten years ago. Going to have to watch it again now. Thanks for bringing it up, Spark. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

Yes, that was the best one liner in the show. :D

But yeah, the show is still pretty good. It's got its own style and sense of humor, and the writing is pretty good and character-centric. I also really enjoy the lore the show has.

I am surprised it lasted 95 episodes, though. Not that I'm complaining.  :awesome:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I still say ONE MORE THING all the time, in Uncle's voice/ Jade was the only real weak link in the show from what I recall.

Imma have to see if we got it on Netflix. If not, I'll go on YouTube.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just re-watched the entire first season of JCA on Youtube. It holds up surprisingly well and I really do feel that the writers of this series did a great job on the whole mythos of the world they created. Its probably one of the most interesting aspects of the show, to be honest, since admittedly it'd just be a pretty average Saturday morning style cartoon without that element going for it, IMO.

I'll get started on season 2 whenever I get the chance. I remember that when I was younger that was by far my favorite season, but I haven't watched the show in a while so I'll have to see if its as good as I remember it being. I think what drew me into it was how it smartly embraced the strong mythological aspect of the show and focused on the 8 demon lords and at its core basically lived up the the "adventure" aspect of the title of the show. The 2-parter with Shendu re-writing history (which I THINK was in this season) was probably my favorite part of the whole show, though I must admit that I never watched past season 3 of this series.

gunswordfist

Used to love this show as much as Jackie Chan is my favorite actor it was like "They are going after the Talismans AGAIN!?""They are fighting the same henchmen AGAIN?!" I didn't have a real falling out until I probably stopped watching it due to getting cable and then coming back to stuff like whatshisname dragon's son but I have no desire to go back to the show. Well except for episodes with the red hair guy who screams out his attacks. I've been ironically thinking about that this week.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody