Saint Seiya Omega

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, April 07, 2012, 01:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So the show we know as Knights of the Zodiac, just premiered a reboot/sequel last week. Omega focuses on an all new class of Saints, many of which actively defy the ways of the old saints order. Oh yeah, and they use gems to transform magical-girl style instead of wielding the old pandora boxes like in the original series. May or may not be a deal breaker for some of you.

I saw the first episode today, and while I don't think its fair to base an opinion of just a premiere episode, it certainly feels different enough from the old show. They jammed a crapload of exposition into the premiere, and Kohga, the new main character came off as an ungrateful dick for most of it, but it certainly has the potential to be good. I was a little disappointed with the fighting, but I'm sure that'll pick up in due time.

Anyone else plan to watch this show? Maybe have some memories of Knights of the Zodiac, or those Lost Canvas OVAs?

Spark Of Spirit

Sounds interesting, though I haven't seen much of Saint Seiya. I enjoy similar shows, so I would definitely give this a shot.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I'd watch it once I figure out how to finish the first series.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody