Game of Thrones

Started by Lord Dalek, April 07, 2012, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

What? Everyone else is making a thread!

Dr. Insomniac

Waiting for the books to be fucking finished (yes, I know) before I can dig into it.

Avaitor

A really cute girl in one of my classes reads and watches the series. She says that the show is quite faithful to the books, and the changes don't really affect the series in a bad way.

I'm totally planning on starting either up so I can talk to her about it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

Has this escaped premium cable yet?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Insomniac

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I haven't made it past the first 2 episodes. All I can remember is bare titties, some dick kid being a dick towards girls and dogs, and another kid being thrown off a window perch by some douche.

Sounds like a mighty fine show though.

Pharass

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 10, 2012, 02:38:14 AM
I haven't made it past the first 2 episodes. All I can remember is bare titties, some dick kid being a dick towards girls and dogs, and another kid being thrown off a window perch by some douche.

Sounds like a mighty fine show though.

The douche's name is Jaime Lannister and while I started out hating him when I first read the books, he has since become one of my favorite characters. That said, for all the moral ambiguity in this series, there are some really evil bastards living in Westeros.

Also, I really should pick up A Dance With Dragons soon. Ah, so many books, so little time.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

GregX

I fucking love this show, it's (in my humble opinion) the best TV series currently airing. I think it was the events of the Red Wedding that solidified this for me.

Avaitor

I have to echo the sentiments. Seriously though, it's almost like the high-end fantasy equivalent of the Wire. As a fan of both the books and the show, OI don't see why you shouldn't try to get into it.

New blog!

GregX

Out of all the TV shows I've ever tried to sell to people, this one has been the most difficult, and I'm not talking about "normal people", I'm talking about other geeks. I don't get it. This isn't only the best geek show of the last five years, it's probably the best show of the last five years, period. Three seasons in, and it might be in the top half of my all time Top Ten.

The writing is spectacular. The acting is phenomenal. Everything about it is a home run... why can't I sell people on this one?

Dr. Insomniac

Mostly due to the "what if they catch up with the novels" issue that occasionally pops up.

LumRanmaYasha

How are you trying to sell it to them?  ??? It seems odd that other "geeks" wouldn't want to watch a show like this. Why don't they want to watch it or dismiss it, do you know? I don't see why the catching up to the novels issue is a big deal either.

Foggle

Surprised it's such a hard sell. Great fantasy stuff is hard to come by these days when it comes to film and television. Really, the only reason I haven't watched it yet is one part laziness and one part that I think I'll enjoy it more if I experience the whole thing after it ends (like The Wire).

Avaitor

GOT is basically the fantasy equivalent of The Wire. It's worth the watch and/or read, trust me.

As for it being a hard sell, maybe it's the incest.

New blog!