Game of Thrones

Started by Lord Dalek, April 07, 2012, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregX

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 07, 2013, 11:28:49 AM
How are you trying to sell it to them?  ??? It seems odd that other "geeks" wouldn't want to watch a show like this. Why don't they want to watch it or dismiss it, do you know? I don't see why the catching up to the novels issue is a big deal either.

I usually go on about how well written it is, how wonderful the actors are, the characters. How badass it is. How so much of it is allegory for the War of the Roses in a fantasy setting, etc.

Peanutbutter

I've watched the first six episodes of Game of Thrones. This is definitely as awesome as people said it would be. So far, my favorite characters are Tyrion, Daenarys, Snow, and Snow's little sister (I forget her name). I was overjoyed when they killed off Daenarys' worthless brother. He was annoying and not interesting to me in the least.

So far, I don't really hate Joffrey. I can't wait to see how the Lannisters take over the throne since it's the only spoiler in this show I know about.

Avaitor

Joffrey, yeah, you should see why he's so hated soon.

And do you mean Arya when you mentioned Jon Snow's little sister? There's also Sansa, but most people don't tend to like her until sometime into the second book/season.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

Quote from: Peanutbutter on December 03, 2013, 05:28:30 PM
I've watched the first six episodes of Game of Thrones. This is definitely as awesome as people said it would be. So far, my favorite characters are Tyrion, Daenarys, Snow, and Snow's little sister (I forget her name). I was overjoyed when they killed off Daenarys' worthless brother. He was annoying and not interesting to me in the least.

So far, I don't really hate Joffrey. I can't wait to see how the Lannisters take over the throne since it's the only spoiler in this show I know about.

Glad you're enjoying it. Pretty sure you're talking about Arya when you mention Jon Snow's little sister.

As for Joffrey, keep watching.

Peanutbutter

Yeah, that's right it was Arya. I love that we have an interesting female character who happens to be a kid too. As for Sansa, right now I think she deserves Joffrey. Maybe she is better in the second season.

Oh I already get why Joffrey is hated. Depending on how things play out, he may end up as a villain I love to hate.

Avaitor

I don't want to spoil it for you, but Sansa's development over the course of the franchise is one of my favorite parts of it. She grows from a character worth despising into a tragic figure in a sharp, respective manner.

Oh, and you're right about Viserys getting what he deserved earlier. The guy's a dick and a moron, but like most every other character on the show, his downfall was utterly fascinating to watch unravel.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Well, I'm sure it will be. I'll watch the rest of season one tonight or tomorrow. With Viserys, at least I think he was intentionally made the way he was because that barbarian guy and Daenarys are the real focus.

GregX

Avaitor

My #1 rule is to not spoil to show watchers.

But yeah, this season is going to be intense.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Can't wait! I watched all three seasons a couple weeks ago. It's definitely deserving of being called one of the best shows of all time. Really looking forward to how Danyrys' story plays out, as well what happens next for Jon and Arya since after the Red Wedding they're the only Starks left if you leave out Bran and Rican.

Avaitor

Sansa's still around as well.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Yeah she is, but she's still surrounded by the Lannisters and their men. Arya and Jon are the only active Starks left.

Dr. Insomniac

Maybe it's my Doctor bias talking, but Red Wedding aside, Walder Frey seems like a cool lord who acts feeble on the outside but a cruel chessmaster on the inside.

GregX

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 18, 2014, 12:32:16 AM
Maybe it's my Doctor bias talking, but Red Wedding aside, Walder Frey seems like a cool lord who acts feeble on the outside but a cruel chessmaster on the inside.

Yeah, but Tywin Lannister was the chessmaster in this scenario.

Dr. Insomniac

Didn't mean that he was the sole planner in that business. He's cool too though. Aside from Cersei, I'm growing fond of most of the Lannisters. Even Joffrey.