Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 10588 times)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #300 on: August 30, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
Fun fact: Most theories that you hear about Game of Thrones originated from book readers and were developed years before the show even came out. This one did not. It's brand new. Go figure.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2017, 02:50:38 PM »
I think it mostly developed because of how the Night King's facial features were slightly redesigned.

Spoiler

And someone joked that he looked a little like Isaac Hempstead-Wright, which then snowballed into this theory.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: September 06, 2017, 12:37:42 PM »
Also, since you were complaining about it earlier, Dr. Insomniac, here's Preston's take on the whole "Rhaegar and Lyanna loved each other" bit and why he thinks it's most likely a Dan and Dave thing: https://youtu.be/wMg5Rne4LQc

It's around the 1:00:15 mark.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »
Yeah, I listened to it earlier. I agree with their sentiment that Littlefinger's death felt hollow and unearned. Instead of feeling like the Starks finally getting a victorious revenge on the man who brought them so much misery in the last seven years, it read more like D&D killing him off because they ran out of shit for Aidan Gillen to do. And they wanted to give another person for Arya to kill. There just hasn't been a villain death in a while that's gotten much emotion out of me. Compared to the ironic and bittersweet ways Tywin and Joffrey died, Walder and Ramsay dying last season were just cheap attempts to get a rise out of the audience. Like the show going "Hey, we finally killed that guy you hated! Clap!"