Things That Don't Bother You About Gaming

Started by gunswordfist, April 16, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

QuoteThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, the RPG Game of the Year 2011, gets a free update to Enhanced Edition, that packs a bigger punch than any DLC you'll never have to pay for.

The Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 features new locations, like the underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate forest in the Loc Muine mountains. A batch of new characters is introduced to the Witcher storyline. All new cinematics and cut scenes expand upon the story, including a new three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn, created by BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski.

In addition to more than 4 hours of extra gameplay, improved graphics, new characters, locations, quests, 36 minutes of new cinematics, GOG.com has added the Witcher comic book, new game map, game guide, manual, and soundtrack to your free goodies list, simply because we love you.
Oh CD Projekt RED. :swoon:

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on April 17, 2012, 12:10:32 AM
QuoteThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, the RPG Game of the Year 2011, gets a free update to Enhanced Edition, that packs a bigger punch than any DLC you'll never have to pay for.

The Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 features new locations, like the underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate forest in the Loc Muine mountains. A batch of new characters is introduced to the Witcher storyline. All new cinematics and cut scenes expand upon the story, including a new three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn, created by BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski.

In addition to more than 4 hours of extra gameplay, improved graphics, new characters, locations, quests, 36 minutes of new cinematics, GOG.com has added the Witcher comic book, new game map, game guide, manual, and soundtrack to your free goodies list, simply because we love you.
Oh CD Projekt RED. :swoon:

Oh, so that's what that update was about earlier. Still need to play that game even though it's installed on my computer. DOTA 2 be damned for stealing my time meant for playing other video games.

Foggle

Well, now's probably the best time to start. ;)

If you have the retail version of the game, head over to GOG.com and enter your CD key... they'll give you a DRM-free backup copy and digital versions of all the extras (old and new) at no charge. ;D (This might also work with the Steam version if there's a CD key attached to your digital copy, I'm not sure.)

EDIT: Found this link on RPS; lets you redeem your free backup copy if you own the Steam version.

Foggle

My last post in the other thread made me realize something potentially awesome about the Wii-U. The tablet controller will no doubt make the RTS and cRPG genres more viable for porting, so maybe we'll finally see stuff like Torment on consoles? That'd be a great way to introduce these awesome old games to a new generation of gamers.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, Pikmin 3 might be a launch game, so that might lead the way if it does well enough.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

This guy sounds like someone that I wouldn't mind giving my money too.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I love when they leave stuff in the disc that is just leftover code from whatever they may have planned or reused at certain points of the game's development. That shit gets out and you just open up a jar of speculation on what could've been.

Oh secret book at the bottom of the jar, you'll always be in my mind.

Spark Of Spirit

One thing was that whole hidden ship area in Blood Omen that went undiscovered since like last year. The game came out back on the PS1.

It leads me to wonder if there's any other hidden things in certain games that we're missing out on or the designers forgot about.

Daxdiv

I remember a blog post on Earthbound Central that showed a few cut scenes from Mother 3. Most of which are implied to be taking place near the final battle of the game that show off Lucas and Claus playing around. Man, if those cut scenes existed in that GBA game, who knows what else is left in Mother 3.

Foggle

So much awesomeness was stripped out of Mafia 2 before release. Like five entire WW2 levels including an open world, along with 10+ main missions and tons of cutscenes that were even shown in fucking trailers close to release. Goddamn 2K for ruining what could have been one of this gen's greatest games.

Rynnec

Nintendo dropped the ball big time on Ocarina of Time 3D by not adding anything from all the content that was cut from the original release.

Kiddington

Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2 is probably the most obvious one, along with a myriad of other scrapped levels that eventually came to light down the line (a forest level, a desert level, a snow level, and something called Genocide City (?!?!) apparently).

There are so many "what could have been" scenarios when it comes to this stuff. Kinda makes you wonder why the developers even leave this stuff in to begin with. It's almost like some form of backhanded trolling on their part, showing us what we almost, but ultimately didn't, have.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 18, 2012, 11:21:42 PM
So much awesomeness was stripped out of Mafia 2 before release. Like five entire WW2 levels including an open world, along with 10+ main missions and tons of cutscenes that were even shown in fucking trailers close to release. Goddamn 2K for ruining what could have been one of this gen's greatest games.
:o I dug up online after you said Mafia 2 was ruined and just assumed you meant what'shisname's DLC missions not being on disc.

Sounds like we need a Secrets thread. With spoiler warnings. Lots of spoiler warnings.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody