Things That Don't Bother You About Gaming

Started by gunswordfist, April 16, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on April 18, 2012, 11:36:38 PM
Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2 is probably the most obvious one, along with a myriad of other scrapped levels that eventually came to light down the line (a forest level, a desert level, a snow level, and something called Genocide City (?!?!) apparently).

There are so many "what could have been" scenarios when it comes to this stuff. Kinda makes you wonder why the developers even leave this stuff in to begin with. It's almost like some form of backhanded trolling on their part, showing us what we almost, but ultimately didn't, have.
I want a Sonic 2 remake with those levels so badly. Seriously, where can I sign a petition. :swoon:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Great review of Fez. You guys may have heard of THE BEST GAMERS through their Epic Mickey review where they accidentally played Donald Duck Goin' Quackers or their trolling images in which they assert that the Xbox 360 has 10x better graphics than a top of the line PC. So yeah, they're a joke site. But recently, some of their reviews have actually been serious, and this review of Fez in particular is fairly spot-on. Other accurate ones include Minecraft, Terraria, and Mass Effect 3. (But they still make hilarious troll videos most of the time, such as their reviews for Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Sonic Generations.)

Daxdiv

I remember their Portal 2 review where the guys ended up playing the Killing Floor's Portal ARG thing. They're funny guys and I do like how they even acknowledged in their "review" for Sonic Generations that the music was awesome.

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 21, 2012, 10:35:32 AM
I remember their Portal 2 review where the guys ended up playing the Killing Floor's Portal ARG thing. They're funny guys and I do like how they even acknowledged in their "review" for Sonic Generations that the music was awesome.
Yeah, their stuff is hilarious. Unfortunately, people on the internet don't really understand sarcasm, so even their obvious joke videos go over the heads of many.

Rockcock's review of Fez is overly harsh and inaccurate in some ways, but it's still pretty spot on for the most part, IMO.

Eddy

I haven't beaten Fez yet but I have to say I kind of agree with it in a lot of ways. Fez really just has the "rotate world" gimmick, which is nothing really new, and once you get past that there's not much to the game. And yes, Phil Fish is a douchebag. Indie games really do seem to get special treatment sometimes. (Braid, Limbo, Fez, etc)

That's not to say all indie games are overrated because I still think Super Meat Boy is one of the finest platformers I've ever played.

Foggle

I don't think he's saying that all indie games are bad (not seriously, at least), more that many of them are just as unoriginal and bland as the stereotypical modern day FPS or TPS. There really are too many faux-retro 2D platformers these days that don't actually understand why 8-bit/16-bit games were awesome and try to be artsy instead of fun.

And there are definitely a lot of indie games that I love. Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV, Killing Floor, Hard Reset, Cave Story, Shank (if it counts), etc.

Spark Of Spirit

WayForward is adding 5 new levels, a quick-retry option, and enhancing the 3D effect of Mighty Switch Force.

Best part? IT'S FREE.

See? DLC isn't always a bad thing!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

...Interesting voice acting. :whuh:

Looks fun, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Every time I pass the icon on my home screen it yells out "MIIIIGHTY SWITCH FORCE!" and I always smile.  :)

Kiddington

It's almost like the kind of voice acting you'd hear in a bad racing game. "CHECKPOINT!!!!!" "LET'S GO!!!!!"

The game itself looks pretty good, though. I need to play this.

Daxdiv

Oh Might Switch Force is fun, fun little game. Downloaded it recently and all I have to say is this... Anyone with a 3DS... DOWNLOAD THIS SHIT NOW! DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT NOW! THESE PEOPLE DESERVE YOUR MONEY!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 26, 2012, 01:46:53 AM
Oh Might Switch Force is fun, fun little game. Downloaded it recently and all I have to say is this... Anyone with a 3DS... DOWNLOAD THIS SHIT NOW! DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT NOW! THESE PEOPLE DESERVE YOUR MONEY!
And Mutant Mudds!

I can't plug that game enough.

Spark Of Spirit