Things That Don't Bother You About Gaming

Started by gunswordfist, April 16, 2012, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

You guys can register for a MyNintendo account now which is Nintendo's general account system. You can attach it to your Wii U account quite easily, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Good job, Japan. :joy:

On that note, I didn't know that Assassin's Creed is apparently pretty popular among Japanese gamers.

Mustang

Sorry to bring back a dead topic, but I'm wondering how people feel about min / maxing?

I would probably say the last 3-5 years (whatever the lifespan of Dark Souls series has been) I would probably tell you that I don't care for it. I just wanted to play and enjoy my games and move on, but coming off of and starting a 3rd playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel 3 got me thinking quite a bit about min/maxing with a lot of its mechanics (not to mention multiple choices in-game so that gives me a extra bit of motivation as well). My last playthrough I had a arts caster that nuked everything and I'm currently trying to find a physical version of that.

With that being said, that got me thinking that I've already done it a couple of times. 1 was more recent with Persona 5. I knew of the concept of min/maxing here but didn't really pay attention to it much. I just wanted my personas to be strong enough to withstand anything and one shot everthing. I don't remember the grind so much, but I guess if you want to say I did, then yea I did, but if anything I did more save scumming (I think that's what its called and I think they both go hand and hand) to get items and certain personas. I do recall grinding for money as well, but never grinded for levels or stats for that matter.

To go even further back when I didn't know of the concept at all was when I was, I want to say 16 / 17 years old (might've been younger than that) when I was addicted to Final Fantasy 8. There was a guide on Gamefaqs (I think it's still there) that showed the way of beating it at level 7. A lot of grinding was involved, but most of the grinding was from playing Triple Triad (good thing that was fun) and drawing. Could I do that today? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how long it can hold my interest.

I bring all this up, like I said, Trails blah blah, but there's this little game called Nioh and in Nioh I contradict myself ALOT. I look at videos with XLHGladiator and Kagerasimaru and I'm like this is what I want. I've seen people min/maxing wit every weapon and I don't like it, but I get it. Personally, with the way I'm thinking I'd do a one-shot build with the single katana and dual swords only, because they have cool moves with cool poses. Anyway, all that being said, I get it, games are going the Souls route and the majority of them can be difficult so why not reward yourself with the ability to one shot everything when you've put in the time.

Anyway, I'm off to try and find this physical nuker if possible.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya