Music Critics Suck

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 11:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's sort of like how Rolling Stone ranked Pinkerton as the worst album of 1996, then retroactively changed it since it became "cool" in the underground.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 22, 2012, 03:40:51 PM
Music critics hate: Jazz, any pre-Ramones punk band not named the Stooges, Comedy Rock, Ska, Blues
:burn:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 22, 2012, 03:47:43 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 22, 2012, 03:40:51 PM
Music critics hate: Jazz, any pre-Ramones punk band not named the Stooges, Comedy Rock, Ska, Blues
:burn:
It's kind of weird that music critics seem exactly like they were in the late 80s. Because that's pretty much what it feels like.

Why I remember it like it was yesterday when Rolling Stone gave Justin Timberlake's first album 5 stars.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Rolling Stone actually gives out 5 stars for albums? I thought they only did that for Stones and Dylan remasters.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on June 22, 2012, 04:15:23 PM
Rolling Stone actually gives out 5 stars for albums? I thought they only did that for Stones and Dylan remasters.
And then I remembered how long ago that album came out.

You're probably right. I doubt they do it anymore.

But let's be honest, it's not like we've been overloaded with 5 star classics in the last few years.

Avaitor

In the past 10 years, I the only 5 star albums I can think of were made by Agalloch, The Kills and John Darnielle.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on June 22, 2012, 04:26:12 PM
In the past 10 years, I the only 5 star albums I can think of were made by Agalloch, The Kills and John Darnielle.
And THD...

Avaitor

Rolling Stone's article on Iron Maiden's new beer.

Quote"It?s been nearly 30 years since Iron Maiden unleashed "The Trooper" on Piece of Mind, and now the metal giants are releasing a new brew bearing the track?s name. Collaborating with Robinsons Brewery in England ? who trace their roots to the 19th century ? Iron Maiden has crafted Trooper, a new 4.7% ABV ale that touts notes of citrus and a blend of Cascade, Bobec and Goldings hops."
]

If this was for Radiohead, they'd interview the entire band about the drink and probably give them the cover as well, but for Maiden, they just write one paragraph and try to get it over with as soon as they can, and use a lot of info that would likely go over most readers' heads.

Bias much?

New blog!