Opinions on Continuity in Fiction

Started by talonmalon333, June 24, 2014, 09:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 08, 2014, 04:29:07 PM
Wasn't Judgement Day triggered by research on the arm of the T-800 (from the first movie), which got destroyed at the end of 2?
Not to mention that Miles Dyson, the man who is the one that created SkyNet, sacrifices himself in order to stop the future from happening. There are no remaining files, there is no evidence, there are no remains, and the man who spearheaded the project is dead.

Sure someone else could (and probably would) come along to make their own version of SkyNet in the future, but that would still be far different from the one in the movies. The fact of the matter is that T3 really reached to make itself viable as a story.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Terminator 3 is even less canon than Alien 3 as far as I'm concerned, even though it's supposedly a better made film.

gunswordfist

i heard cameron didn't do that many future scenes due to technology and/or budget limits. i would have liked to see him do more with that. since that's not possible anymore, i would love to see a good game that's set in t1's future.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

but but, skynet inserted itself into the internet!

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 08, 2014, 06:15:24 PM
i would love to see a good game that's set in t1's future.

What future? The one that will be completely normal with no Judgement Day?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 08, 2014, 06:25:39 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on December 08, 2014, 06:15:24 PM
i would love to see a good game that's set in t1's future.

What future? The one that will be completely normal with no Judgement Day?
The future before Kyle Reese went back in time to change anything.

Not the future of T3 that says he might as well have walked off a bridge as his going to the past didn't matter one iota.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

that's what i meant. thanks. i would want to see that even more than a good aliens game.