Kids on the Slope

Started by Dr. Insomniac, April 19, 2012, 03:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I remember Dr. Insomniac said that this was only supposed to be 11 episodes long, but apparently it still has another episode or 2 to go, so I say that Dr. Insomniac needs to check his sources a little bit better. :>

Anyways, I've been enjoying this series. Its one of the only slice of life anime where the writers actually seem to know what they are doing, and I can actually sympathize with the characters. By the looks of it, though, this series isn't going to have a particularly happy ending, but that is a bit truer to life, so I guess that only makes sense.

Avaitor

I keep on forgetting to catch up with this. I saw the first 2 episodes when they came out, but I'm so far behind.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And its over.

I thought it was a pretty good series. The characters were likable and it was one of the few slice of life series that I've seen which actually seems to come from the writers' experience and has absolutely no stupid otaku fan-service whatsoever. I could actually relate to aspects of this show from my own days in high school.

Its not the most noteworthy anime out there but it held my interest the entire way through and its probably the best short series that I've seen in a long while. I definitely don't think it'd be everyone's cup of tea, but its worth checking out for anyone who likes a slow-paced series that's really just driven by its characters rather than any central story. Perhaps I might right up a short review on it later this weekend.