Discuss Announcements

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 03:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Let's see.

;)

Well, doesn't matter cause we're back in business baby! Got to update my sig over at toonzone accordingly.

Rynnec

Anyone else have trouble uploadin/re-uploading any avatars?

Foggle

I'll look into that next time I get a chance (which'll be the same time I fix the smileys). Just host 'em off-site at TinyPic or Imageshack for now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great job, Foggle! The new host is already a substantial improvement over every previous host we've had, and I feel pretty comfortable in saying that I believe we've found a place where our site's community can finally settle at, so I don't think that we'll ever have to move the board again, or at least not anytime soon or in the near future.

I still plan on making my contributions to the site when I get a job this summer. My Pharmacy Tech license got delayed since I need to go in for a fingerprint for my criminal background check before they can issue it to me (which I have already scheduled to do 2 weeks from now), but once I get my license I can start applying for jobs and if I get one for the summer I'll happily contribute  some of what I make to the site to keep it running. ;)

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 28, 2012, 02:30:46 PM
Great job, Foggle! The new host is already a substantial improvement over every previous host we've had, and I feel pretty comfortable in saying that I believe we've found a place where our site's community can finally settle at, so I don't think that we'll ever have to move the board again, or at least not anytime soon or in the near future.
I KNOW MAN

I click a link... and the page loads almost instantly. No error message. No 30 second wait. It functions like a forum should!

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 28, 2012, 02:30:46 PM
I still plan on making my contributions to the site when I get a job this summer. My Pharmacy Tech license got delayed since I need to go in for a fingerprint for my criminal background check before they can issue it to me (which I have already scheduled to do 2 weeks from now), but once I get my license I can start applying for jobs and if I get one for the summer I'll happily contribute  some of what I make to the site to keep it running. ;)
That'd be awesome. :) It doesn't really need a lot, just somewhere around $80 per year for the hosting and $7 per year for the domain. If everyone pitches in, there will be no problems keeping this site going for ages.

Oh yeah, I've planted an easter egg on the main index page (at http://animationrevelation.com). Tell me if any of you guys find it. ;)

Lord Dalek

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Its so lightning fast.

Thank you based Foggle

Daxdiv

When I heard Foggle was using Host Gator, all of my fears were put to rest due to another board I go to swearing by Host Gator's services. I approve of this.

Kiddington

Cool; place is running faster than it ever has.

Great job, Foggle!  :)

Avaitor

Uh, I can't activate or delete accounts right now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on January 28, 2012, 09:49:15 PM
Uh, I can't activate or delete accounts right now.
And now you can! ;D