Toys from your childhood

Started by Commode, May 06, 2012, 02:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

I know it's unconventional for me to capitalize and use proper grammar whilst drunk, but...

What are your favorite memories of childhood toys?  How many of you had Lego, or Hot Wheels, or Power Wheels, or Big Wheels, or even the Micro Machines Van City?  Post your memories of toys here.

Yeah, Super Soakers.  Such a great toy.  I remember my first Super Soaker was one that I found that was lost by some poor kid at the Boise River Festival(a big event in Boise back in the 90s).  Had so much fun with that thing.  Remember the Super Soakers that had those backpack-style tanks of water that shot out of bazookas?  I always thought those were the coolest.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Legos were my shit back then. I remember back in 2000 what I really wanted for Christmas was this big Spielberg director's room set that was like $100. My mom thought it was way too much for a Lego set, even though I think it came with a little video camera so you can make movies with it, so she didn't get it for me until it got cut in price.

I also had a bunch of Hot Wheels and Micro Machines as a kid. Not to mention action figures and Disney Store plushes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Super Soakers were legit as fuck. I had this one that could shoot three ways at once and it was like "OMGF WALLHAX." The best.

But for the most part, I gotta' agree with Avaitor, Legos were the best ever. That Spielberg set was awesome, which I got a few years after it came out when the price dropped considerably. My friends and I made tons of (shitty) movies with that thing, almost none of them related to Legos. Good times. :thumbup:

Avaitor

Oh yeah, and Super Soakers were the shit, too. Fuck airsoft and paintball guns, those were where it's at.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

I played airsoft a few times when I got older. It was pretty fun, but nothing compared to the super soakers. :lol: That could have just been due to my age, though.

I like paintball, but the guns (even just rentals) are too expensive to be worth it and I'm allergic to something in the masks. Gives me hives every time. :( Also, the guys who freeze their paintballs are total dicks. Shit is seriously dangerous.

Avaitor

There are people who do that? Damn.

I actually really like paintball, but yeah, it's too expensive to pursue. I have a couple of friends who used to have their own guns and gear, but they all ended up selling them.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 06, 2012, 12:03:35 PM
There are people who do that? Damn.
Yeah, I encountered guys who did it every single time I went paintballing (which was four, I think?). One of my friends was wearing a thick leather jacket when he got shot with a frozen paintball... ripped through his coat and shirt, plus broke the skin.

Commode

Oh yeah, paintballing.  That was popular in middle/early high school, both on official paintball fields and neighborhood streets.  Kids used to ride around on their bikes shooting that shit at other kids.  And of course kids froze those things, that's what kids do.  They don't give a shit if it hurts someone else.  It's like the kids who ran their snowballs under the tap and froze them so they would become rock solid before throwing them at other kids.

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on May 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM
And of course kids froze those things, that's what kids do.  They don't give a shit if it hurts someone else.  It's like the kids who ran their snowballs under the tap and froze them so they would become rock solid before throwing them at other kids.
These were grown men, actually. Like 25+.

Spark Of Spirit

You guys have said most of them, but I also used to enjoy action figures. Particularly ones based on action movies, super heroes, and wrestlers.

Quote from: Foggle on May 06, 2012, 12:43:54 PM
Quote from: Comeau on May 06, 2012, 12:38:44 PM
And of course kids froze those things, that's what kids do.  They don't give a shit if it hurts someone else.  It's like the kids who ran their snowballs under the tap and froze them so they would become rock solid before throwing them at other kids.
These were grown men, actually. Like 25+.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Ah, I should totally watch that ep. Never gets old.

Marvel and Power Ranger action figures were my main shit. I still have these sweet Spidey and Daredevil ones from the beginning of last decade somewhere.

New blog!

Avaitor

Oh shit, speaking of Hot Wheels, check out what I found at Target today.

They also made ones for The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Tom & Jerry, and Scooby-Doo, but I figured that this would interest Chalmers the most.

New blog!

Commode

Yeah, Mattel likes to do series based on different properties.  They've done them for other cartoons like Rocky and Bullwinkle, He-Man and Yu-Gi-Oh, and even once had a SEGA set of cars.  I'm not much into collecting them anymore, but it's still pretty cool to look at.

Avaitor

I'm pretty sure they did HB before, but I still think it's cool that they're doing it now.

New blog!

Avaitor

Did you guys ever take your Green and White Ranger action figures and have a battle of the Tommys to see which one was real? Or was I the only one who did that?

New blog!