Toys from your childhood

Started by Commode, May 06, 2012, 02:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

The only Power Ranger toy we had in the house was a Blue Ranger that my brother had that I broke the arm off of.  My brother was only like three or four at the time, and he got all mad that I broke his action figure, even though I don't think he was ever really into Power Rangers.

He also had a Batman Beyond figure that I broke, but I don't think he was that torn up over that one.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I only ever had a black Ninja Ranger figure. Obviously Adam was my favorite.  :>
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I had all of the MMPRs, plus Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd. I have NO idea what happened to any of them today, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I got into PR too late to have a couple of Tommy face offs. I did have some Turbo and Space face offs though since 80% of those teams were the same people. I really got into the TJ role playing too since I liked to pretend he was somewhat mad at himself for losing Red Ranger status.

Rynnec

I had a big stuffed White Mighty Morphin Ranger, but I lost his vest shortly after I got it. I remember having more toys from Zeo and Turbo, including the Gold Zeo Ranger. I wanted to get more PRiS (especially Ecliptor) toys, but my parents wouldn't let me.

I was more of a Beetleborgs kid growing up anyway. I remember having all 3 of the original Borgs, the White Borg, and I think I had a Shadow Borg as well. I also had toys of all 3 Metallix, including an awesome one for the Silverborg with a plastic cape, and one of the Astral Borgs (I think it was the Firefly one). My favorite BB toy though, was a 12 inch Roboborg figure.

Avaitor

Speaking of Legos, I remember when the only licensed sets they'd have were for Star Wars. I also remember when the Harry Potter ones came out, I think when the second movie was premiering.

Now they have them for everyone. Indiana Jones, DC, Marvel, SpongeBob, Cars, Toy Story. And they just started doing ones for Lord of the Rings. Freaking crazy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

Was HP the second licensed property they did?  I remember when they came out, I wanted the Hogwarts castle so damn bad, but it cost so much money.  We also had some Spiderman sets around the time the movie was out.

And remember before LEGO got Indy when they had Johnny Thunder?  They kind of threw that character out the window didn't they?

Rynnec

I'm suprised it took this long for LEGO to make LOTR sets. When I saw the commercial for them I was like "It's about time".

Avaitor

Quote from: Comeau on June 24, 2012, 09:05:18 PM
Was HP the second licensed property they did?
Depends on whether they released them for the first or second movie. I forgot that they had Spider-Man sets, which is weird because I had one of the sets. I still have my Gobby and MJ Legos somewhere. I lost Spidey ages ago though.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Didn't they have a Pirates set, too? I recall commercials for it at one point, but I don't remember when.

Anyway, when I was a kid I just made my stuff up!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Oh yeah, they did.

I think they even had an A:TLA set, or were talking about doing one?

New blog!

Commode

From the X-Games.  So much different than when your Hot Wheels hit the edge of the ramp when you were a kid.