"Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, May 09, 2012, 10:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Loving the trees, speaking to insects, the bird people who fly on the wind... "Descending on to a golden field"

Release Date: March 11, 1984
Studio: Toei/Tokuma Shoten/Top Craft/Nibariki
Director: Hayao Miyazaki
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Starring: Sumi Shimamoto, Yoji Matsuda, Yoshiko Sakakibara, Goro Naya (JAPANESE VERSION); Allison Lohman, Patrick Stewart, Uma Thurman, Chris Sarandon, Shia LeBeouf (2004 ENGLISH VERSION)

Plot Summary: In the far future, man has destroyed the Earth in the "Seven Days of Fire". Now, there are small pockets of humanity that survive. One pocket is the Valley of Wind where a princess named Nausicaa tries to understand, rather than destroy the Toxic Jungle. Note that the old US release titled Warriors of the Wind is an entirely kiddiefied version which edits the original movie heavily, thus creating an entirely different story.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #171

Inspired by JesuOtaku's run through of the Miyazaki films, I felt like doing some talkbacks.

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't seen this in so long. I need to watch it again.

and let us not speak of that thing that came over long before we got a proper dub.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

You know, Nausicaa is kind of like Katniss but slightly less whiny.

Lord Dalek

Nausicaa could kick the shit out of Katniss. Original manga-Nausicaa even moreso.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, I wonder how Katniss would face off against an Ohm.

Avaitor

Speaking of Catpiss, there's a great comic strip I found with her, Merida, and Hawkeye. Can't find it right now though.

Also, I have a couple of back issues of the Nausicaa manga that I got for 50 cents a pop at my local comic book shop. I really liked what I read of them, but I still haven't been able to delve into the full series.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun