Ratchet & Clank

Started by Foggle, May 10, 2012, 12:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Here's a thread for my favorite series!

And here's the (Japanese) trailer for the HD Collection!

My eyes! The colors are so beautiful! :swoon: Also, stick around 'til the end of the video to discover... Deadlocked HD on the PSN store! :zonk:

As a side note, Ratchet is voiced by a woman in Japan? :lol:

Foggle

LOADS O' SCREENSHOTS! Even R&C 1 still looks good after all these years...

Spark Of Spirit

It needs strafing for the first game. If they added that the game would be WAY better than it already is.

As for my thoughts, Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are two of the best games on the PS2. And now they will be two of the best games on the PS3!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Insomniac confirmed that Idol Minds won't be adding strafing to the original. :( Doesn't really bother me, though... I probably wouldn't even be a gamer without PS2 Ratchet, so I have special place in my heart for all four of them. Salute to Insomniac.

Seriously though, look at those colors on HD UYA! So beautiful. Can't wait for glorious 1080p and 60 FPS. The only problem I have with what I've seen is that the HUD is centered instead of bordering (a holdover from the 4:3 days, no doubt). Also, the numbers on the UYA HUD look weird. But those are minor complaints.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 10, 2012, 05:45:07 PM
Insomniac confirmed that Idol Minds won't be adding strafing to the original. :( 
:rtard:

It's literally the only thing the game needed. Oh well, it's not like I use guns much in the game as it is (Visi-bomb and Glove Of Doom don't require aiming, either) beyond the normal rocket launcher.

I won't mind playing them again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

HD Collections don't really get bug fixes or new features since they're generally low-budget affairs. R&C 1 only suffers from the lack of strafing in around four or five missions, so it's not that big of a deal IMO.

gunswordfist

A day or two ago, I was continuing to play A Crack In Time, the first Ratchet & Clank game I got to start from the beginning (been playing for months).

Good game except:

1. The weapons have Mega Man 7 syndrome. So few of them shoot forward. At least the ones I got so far (I just got in the tournament) I should have something like a rocket launcher and/or a laser rifle by name. The pistol is pretty much the only thing I have that shoots in a straight line. I have no unlocked guns that I haven't purchased yet.

2. Don't like the ship controls. This should feel like Star Fox, dammit. :burn:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

The spaceship stuff is a lot better in the other games. So are the guns, in fact.

Spark Of Spirit

The guns are better than GC, Deadlocked, or UYA? R&C and ToD guns don't have a good feel to them.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 10, 2012, 10:23:03 PM
The guns are better than GC, Deadlocked, or UYA? R&C and ToD guns don't have a good feel to them.
No, Crack In Time has the worst guns.

But CiT is very different from past games. It's mostly platforming and puzzles, the third-person shooting and space combat are only in there because people expect them to be, really.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 10, 2012, 10:25:26 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 10, 2012, 10:23:03 PM
No, Crack In Time has the worst guns.

But CiT is very different from past games. It's mostly platforming and puzzles, the third-person shooting and space combat are only in there because people expect them to be, really.
Well, if there's less emphasis on shooting like the original, then I won't really mind. ToD isn't as fun when it's based around shooting because the guns just aren't fun to use.

Hopefully Insomniac makes one last PS3 game to make the system go out with style. I'm talking EVERY weapon from the first 6 proper games. I want my Leviathan Flail back.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 10, 2012, 10:29:19 PM
Hopefully Insomniac makes one last PS3 game to make the system go out with style. I'm talking EVERY weapon from the first 6 proper games. I want my Leviathan Flail back.
I would love that. And it is the 10th Anniversary this year; a fact which the Insomniac guys keep bringing up in reference to the HD Collection's "special surprise"...

Foggle

yay!

According to some peeps who already have it on GameFAQs, the graphics look even better than the Sly and Jak collections. :joy:

Spark Of Spirit

I'm kind of disappointed the new one seems to be another Quest For Booty type experience. I would have liked one final game to make the system go out big.

Foggle

Agreed. But I'll be happy as long as it's good.

Though there's a still a chance that they'll release a big one for PS3 next year. It's an annual series, after all.