Avaitor's Top 25 Marvel Stories

Started by Avaitor, May 12, 2012, 12:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Pharass on May 14, 2012, 01:09:24 PM
Great job, Avaitor. Your list certainly made me want to dig deeper into the Marvel-universe, since I've only read a few of the comics mentioned on it.

The Surtur Saga contains one of my favorite moments. It's when Thor, Odin and Loki are about to go to battle with Surtur and each one of them cries out his battlecry:

Thor: For Odin!
Odin: For Asgard!
Loki: For me!
:D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Avaitor, my comic book list is low (I'm down to reading Samurai manga) so I need some recommendations. May I get a reading order based off of this thread's list and any comics I should read in between them?

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 14, 2012, 10:24:51 AM
Avaitor, my comic book list is low (I'm down to reading Samurai manga) so I need some recommendations. May I get a reading order based off of this thread's list and any comics I should read in between them?
Read in order from 25-1, cause it only gets better from then on. ;)

But yeah, I can give you more essential stuff to look up later.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Well, since Star-Lord is cast in the Guardians of the Galaxy film (Chris Pratt is going to play him... yes, Andy from Parks and Rec), I'm reminded of a story that I really enjoy, and would like to pull up as an honorable mention.

This one's original cover name drops Robert A. Heinlein, but I personally prefer it to any of his novels.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Ah! I read a newer comic with him it. The one with Rocket Racoon.

Hopefully GOTG is half as good as the greatest modern comic book event, Annihilation.