Manga you wish was licensed

Started by Markness, February 29, 2016, 12:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 19, 2018, 10:39:52 PM
I hope this spells a chance for Fist of the North Star. 2 in 1s would do great for it. It was released a few years ago in an Extreme Edition in 18 volumes which is the perfect one to use.

FOTNS is an inevitability at this point.  The Extreme Edition was already fully translated as a part of Progress Technologies' eOneBook release of the series, so it's just a matter of an English publisher licensing it over here.

VLordGTZ

It looks like the first volume of Viz's JoJo Part 4 manga release will come out on April 2nd.

The final volume of Part 3 comes out in February, so it looks like they'll be going straight into the next part with no break.

VLordGTZ

This month's Seven Seas survey is out.

I suggested Billy Bat and Harenchi Gakuen for manga, as well as Slayers and Kino's Journey for LNs.

Painted Outlaw

I put a suggestion in for 1618! myself. They already license-rescued Yu Aida's other manga, Gunslinger Girl, so I felt it'd be appropriate for them to grab this one too. Also because I want to read it, haha.

Spark Of Spirit

I asked for Mazinger Z and Souboutei. They aren't that long and both have had other series released by SS before.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I still don't know what's taking so long for Billy Bat to be released stateside. I thought Master Keaton would have been done by now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Kodansha owns it. They're abysmally slow with licensing.

At this point I expect his new series to be released by Viz here first since it's Shogakukan again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Markness

I would like to eventually read the Fullmetal Panic! novels. I recently got J-Novel Club's edition of Crest of the Stars but I still need to read it.

Markness

I found out Hiroki Endo is drawing a new manga called Gusha no Hoshi. I would gladly pay for a physical copy of it.

Markness

Quote from: VLordGTZ on July 20, 2018, 10:40:57 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 19, 2018, 10:39:52 PM
I hope this spells a chance for Fist of the North Star. 2 in 1s would do great for it. It was released a few years ago in an Extreme Edition in 18 volumes which is the perfect one to use.

FOTNS is an inevitability at this point.  The Extreme Edition was already fully translated as a part of Progress Technologies' eOneBook release of the series, so it's just a matter of an English publisher licensing it over here.

Viz got the rights to it back and it's getting the hardcover treatment. I hope this means they'll do the same for Ushio and Tora, Guyver, and maybe even Bastard!!.

Markness

I have been trying to message Kodansha Comics about potentially publishing Gusha no Hoshi but I am not having any luck getting an answer from them. Does anyone have advice on how to go about this?

Markness

I sent them an email and they actually replied. They said they will be "determining who best to respond to it". (sic) It's been since the 16th.