Author Topic: Things That Bother You About Comic Booking  (Read 2514 times)

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
Re: Things That Bother You About Comic Booking
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »
 :-\
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 11:20:24 AM »
Weird. Fox just partnered Marvel. You'd think the mutant genocide and forcing Inhumans as their replacements woukd stop
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »

Foggle

• The dude who runs this joint, more or less
  • The Epic Trinity
  • Slave To The System
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 10:52:21 PM »
First they gave us unsolicited opinions on Israel, and I did not speak out, because my opinions on Israel were also unsolicited. Then they canceled all my favorite series except Duggan's Deadpool, and I did not speak out, because that shit has happened constantly since the 90's (at least) and I have better things to do with my time. Then they made Captain America a Nazi, and I actually did speak out, because that was fucking stupid (but they kept it going anyway). Then they made a deal with a private military company/weapons manufacturer to release a children-targeted comic about a plucky, diverse group of warmongers teaming up with the Avengers and

Go fuck yourself, Marvel.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2017, 10:55:57 PM »
Seriously, why Northrop Grumman? Why not Tesla or NASA or wherever the hell Neil Tyson works? Why the company that the very first MCU movie satirized?

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2017, 11:49:15 PM »
First they gave us unsolicited opinions on Israel, and I did not speak out, because my opinions on Israel were also unsolicited. Then they canceled all my favorite series except Duggan's Deadpool, and I did not speak out, because that shit has happened constantly since the 90's (at least) and I have better things to do with my time. Then they made Captain America a Nazi, and I actually did speak out, because that was fucking stupid (but they kept it going anyway). Then they made a deal with a private military company/weapons manufacturer to release a children-targeted comic about a plucky, diverse group of warmongers teaming up with the Avengers and

That's part of the reason why I'm torn up tonight. I already said everything I felt like saying on Twitter. I didn't know the company they made a deal with is also a pmc..ugh.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2017, 12:56:09 AM »
It's comfy being a DC fan. We might have shitty movies, but at least we don't have Batman giving the thumbs up to war profiteers.

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 03:56:21 PM »
It's nice that Disney bought Fox properties but Disney, Marvel, Miramax, Star Wars, etc., etc., etc. are all still dead to me.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 06:06:10 PM »
It's nice that Disney bought Fox properties but Disney, Marvel, Miramax, Star Wars, etc., etc., etc. are all still dead to me.
Why?

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »

That's part of the reason why I'm torn up tonight. I already said everything I felt like saying on Twitter. I didn't know the company they made a deal with is also a pmc..ugh.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 07:01:09 PM »
They pulled out of that partnership though, and according to some Marvel execs like Quesada, they were just as surprised as everyone else was. All signs point to Perlmutter being an asshole and going behind everybody's back to push some stupid deal again.

Foggle

• The dude who runs this joint, more or less
  • The Epic Trinity
  • Slave To The System
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 10:57:26 PM »
They pulled out of that partnership though
Nice, I didn't hear about that. Great news!

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:49 PM »
I don't know if anybody at Marvel except for Perlmutter, Nicieza, and everybody else who made that comic knew about the Northrop Grumman deal beforehand.