Rynnec

The schedule:

12:00 Bleach
12:30 Deadman Wonderland
1:00 Casshern Sins
1:30 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2:00 Ghost in the Shell
2:30 Cowboy Bebop

Pretty decent schedule, I guess. I would have replaced GitS with Outlaw Star though. Haven't seen either of the new shows, but they do sound interesting, so I'll check them out.

As for everything else:

Quote from: Jason DeMarcoWe will not be showing Naruto, DBZ, etc for now. The rights to those shows are owned by our competition or are out of our price range.

SPEAKING OF WHICH: Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very,very little $$. This experiment will need ratings success to receive more funding for new shows, more Tom animation, etc. I?m thankful for the $$ we?ve gotten, but it isn?t a lot.

Toonami will have to prove itself to get more resources, just like it had to do when we first launched.

TOM: Will be voiced as always by Steve Blum. Who is doing it for love. Just like we are. Tom will be an updated hi-res version of Tom 3.0. The Absolution will be a slightly different but almost identical version of the one from the Tom 3.0 era as well.

There will be no SARA for now. She costs too much to make. But if we can bring her back, we sure will.

We will try to have some new content each week- game reviews, music videos, content pieces etc. As much as we can afford and make.

Music: Music will come from a number of places: Ghostly, Warp Records, Victory Records, Now Again records, as well as friends of ours like @therealelp, @flyinglotus, Chris Devoe, Ben Burton, and many others. No, we won?t be using JBV (Joe Boyd Vigil, one of the original architects of the Toonami soundtracks).

Peter Cullen will NOT be the voice of the promos. He?s busy with Transformers and Eeyore and doesn?t do many promos. Love you Peter!

Schedule again: you are all entitled to your opinions, but we feel good about it. And yes, Kim Manning is programming it. Love you Kim!

Lastly, just want to say thank you to all who have supported and brought it back. If you can KEEP supporting us, we will have more $$, which means more shows, more Tom footage, Sara, etc. SO THANK YOU. And keep it up!

And the show's will apparently keep their intros.

This is the most ambitious thing [as] had done with their action schedule in years, and getting Toonami to prove its worth is going to be a hard road. But who knows? It could kick ass, it could be "meh", or it could totally suck. Only way to find out for sure is to tune in on the 26th, and let the revolution begin!

Avaitor

Pretty much what I was thinking it was  going to be, and was against. I'm not familiar with the new shows, so I might check them out, but that'll be it.

They could at least bring back some DC shows, since those shouldn't cost anything. But I know, I know, they're not anime.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 21, 2012, 02:42:09 PM
Pretty much what I was thinking it was  going to be, and was against. I'm not familiar with the new shows, so I might check them out, but that'll be it.

They could at least bring back some DC shows, since those shouldn't cost anything. But I know, I know, they're not anime.

They've hardly been doing anything with the DC show's, I dunno if they no longer have airing rights or what, but I'd definitely take them over GitS. I would have taken anything over GitS (well,almost anything) I'm actually kind of glad Panty & Stocking isn't on there

More  western action show's would be welcomed.

Spark Of Spirit

QuoteDeadman Wonderland
This is a show that would have aired on Adult Swim back in the day before it stole all the generic shonen from Toonami. Ironic.

I want to support this, but I have no real interest in watching any of those.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I'd take ANYTHING over Panty & Stoking, myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Bleach - NOPE.
Deadman Wonderland - NOPE.
Casshern Sins - Nope.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Nope.
Ghost in the Shell - Own the DVDs.
Cowboy Bebop - Own the DVDs.

Thanks, but no thanks, Toonami.

Kiddington

Some people are actually disappointed Panty & Stocking didn't make the cut. I don't even know where to begin.  :wth:

As far as the lineup is concerned... eh. I don't really like it, but I'll give it a shot. Hopefully they get some better stuff in the future.

Dr. Insomniac

People like Deadman and Casshern?

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 21, 2012, 03:27:47 PM
Sadly, yes. Casshern is more mediocre than outright bad, though. But honestly, I'd rather watch P&S over those two and Bleach... :whuh:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on May 21, 2012, 03:29:57 PM
Sadly, yes. Casshern is more mediocre than outright bad, though. But honestly, I'd rather watch P&S over those two and Bleach... :whuh:
Well, they're the most "Toonami-ish" anime to have been made in a long time, so I suppose they either had to get that or scrounge through a pool of slice-of-life shows. Or could've gotten Steins;Gate, but meh.

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 21, 2012, 03:32:16 PM
Quote from: Foggle on May 21, 2012, 03:29:57 PM
Well, they're the most "Toonami-ish" anime to have been made in a long time, so I suppose they either had to get that or scrounge through a pool of slice-of-life shows. Or could've gotten Steins;Gate, but meh.

I would've preferred Darker Than Black, myself.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I liked Casshern. But its the kind of show that would put people to sleep at that time of the night. Not a good decision Toonami.

Never actually watched Deadman Wonderland but I always wanted to. I don't have cable but I'll be checking out how people react to these shows.

Now then, where can I start a rally to get Strike Witches on Toonami?

Rynnec

No Megas XLR. :(

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on May 21, 2012, 04:41:56 PM
I liked Casshern. But its the kind of show that would put people to sleep at that time of the night. Not a good decision Toonami.

Casshern was probably one of the few shows they could afford with such a tight budget. I'm honestly suprised they didn't get Inuyasha: The Final Act, if only to complete that damn series.

Hopefully by the time these shows finish their runs, they'd have earned enough money to afford more meatier programs.

Spark Of Spirit

Megas XLR actually would have been a good show to put on. It might have even given the show a second wind in popularity. Also, like Rynnec mentioned, Inuyasha Final Act would have been a no-brainer considering how much they aired it way back when.

Honestly, that would have been a decent first hour for the block. A bit of old and new to get people settled in.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Megas would cost them nothing and give them some much-needed variety to the block. Same with Samurai Jack.

New blog!