Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Madagascar really killed the hype, I guess.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 12, 2017, 03:43:17 PMMadagascar really killed the hype, I guess.
Um... What?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daikun on May 12, 2017, 04:19:14 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 12, 2017, 03:43:17 PMMadagascar really killed the hype, I guess.
Um... What?
Really big spoilers. Don't read if you don't want to know what happens in the manga.
Spoiler
All of AoT takes place on an island - Madagascar. The ruling family of the three walls escaped there after Africa revolted. See, there was originally a group of chosen people who made a "deal with the devil" to become titans. They conquered the world. Then the world revolted. The chosen people got segregated and discriminated against. Those who escaped went to Madagascar. Those who remained tried to revolt. This included Eren's dad Grisha, who was part of the rebellion. They failed. Grisha's homies all got turned into titans - the same ones from the first few episodes. Smiling Titan? Grisha's FIRST wife. Gentoo Titan and Anime Titan? Members of the rebellion, etc.

Remember Monkey Titan? Grisha's son by first wife. Eren's half brother (same dad, diff mom). Works with Nazi Steampunk Africa to kill the escaped chosen people.

Now Eren's like "Well, if we go past the walls, we got African Steampunk Nazis to deal with so what the fuck do we do?"

The answer? A four year timeskip into the perspective of the peeps on the mainland.
[close]

Painted Outlaw

It's times like this I figure, why should I make fun of AoT? Isayama does it for me.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 12, 2017, 04:48:15 PMReally big spoilers. Don't read if you don't want to know what happens in the manga.

Oh. I thought you were talking about the DreamWorks movie. :lol:

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 11, 2017, 08:23:45 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 11, 2017, 08:02:30 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 11, 2017, 07:52:09 PM
I think at this point OPM has surpassed AoT in general popularity in NA. I would assume the ratings would remain unchanged since there won't be nearly as big a gap between the seasons like there were for AoT.
What, really?
Just a personal feeling. I see a lot of people going on about OPM, including non-anime fans and general audiences, like I used to for AoT. AoT doesn't get as much attention as it used to from non-anime fans.
Yeah, OPM is more recent and therefore fresher in people's minds. Not to mention that we should be getting season 2 by the end of the year, which is a smaller gap than Titan.

That said, hopefully we'll get Mob Psycho 100 soon as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Is Mob's dub good?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Really good. It's one of Funi's best recent ones with BBB and MHA.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Ah sweet, I knew it had potential.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Dreamer2

Now this is exciting. I've always wanted to watch something Lupin, but I just never did. Here's my chance.

Daikun

So, remember when Adult Swim aired the old Lupin III show back in 2003?

They're bringing back the old dub cast for this new series. EDIT: Except Zenigata.

Dr. Insomniac

After watching one of his other shows, the writer for the new Lupin III series unnerves me in ways I never expected.

Spark Of Spirit

Obviously ratings can't be that big a deal for show pick ups. Lupin was not a good performer for AS back in the day, and I doubt this will change much.

Still, glad they're trying.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Lupin getting picked up probably has a lot to do with Demarco being a big fan of the franchise, though apparently it was still getting a number of requests.  In terms of how it will perform, it probably won't do gangbusters but it shouldn't be too difficult for it to be considered a "success" at 1:30 am.   What I find curious about this though, is that Lupin is replacing Gundam Unicorn.  IBO Season 2 should be ready by now, so you'd think that they'd replace the Gundam series with another Gundam.