Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was assuming that they'd do some re-runs of AOT first (albeit at a later time slot) and then put in Stardust Crusaders after they managed to free up another thirty minutes from the block. Either way, I'll gladly take SC, myself, over AOT any day, and SC isn't even my favorite part of JoJo's.

Quote from: Dreamer2 on July 02, 2017, 12:40:37 AMPoor My Hero Academia. It would honestly amaze me if it never shows up, but who knows its possible.

They are probably just waiting for season two to finish airing. FUNimation is currently releasing the simuldub for it, and the second season has just reached its halfway point, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a future announcement for MHA turn up sometime around the Fall or Early Winter later this year.

Dreamer2

Ah, I didn't realize My Hero Academia season 2 was only at the half way point. Well I'm hoping for it at some point soon.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 02, 2017, 12:53:49 AMI was assuming that they'd do some re-runs of AOT first (albeit at a later time slot) and then put in Stardust Crusaders after they managed to free up another thirty minutes from the block.

How interesting that you would bring that up. Starting next week, Toonami is shifting time slots. It will now run from 11:30-4:00. The only difference is that Samurai Jack is being moved from the start of the block to the end; none of the other shows will be affected.

I'm willing to bet that they'll let SJ finish its course, then place something else there for reruns. I can see AoT fitting there quite nicely.

Avaitor

Great news for both!

I do wonder if Lupin will be taken off early for something else, and if so, what would replace it?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Avaitor on July 02, 2017, 01:19:57 AM
I do wonder if Lupin will be taken off early for something else, and if so, what would replace it?
Considering that they didn't take off Tenchi Muyo GXP early despite its godawful ratings, I think Lupin will end up airing it's full run.  Worst case scenario, I see it being pushed behind Shippuden.

I'm wasn't a huge fan of IBO Season 1, but it was still enjoyable enough that I'm interested in watching Season 2.  Stardust Crusaders, on the other hand, I'm definitely excited to see on the block!

Daikun

Quote from: Daikun on July 02, 2017, 01:17:39 AMStarting next week, Toonami is shifting time slots. It will now run from 11:30-4:00. The only difference is that Samurai Jack is being moved from the start of the block to the end; none of the other shows will be affected.

I'm willing to bet that they'll let SJ finish its course, then place something else there for reruns. I can see AoT fitting there quite nicely.

Well... Never mind. SJ is airing now and it just has regular Adult Swim bumpers. It's not part of the Toonami block.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Dreamer2 on July 02, 2017, 12:40:37 AM
Yeah, I'm probably not watching Stardust Crusaders. I didn't even finish Battle Tendency. Really disappointed Toonami's airing it. But, I guess it's good for it's fans.
Part 3's a lot different from the previous two parts, and represents a giant shift in how the series unfolds its plot, so you might like it more than Battle Tendency. I know people who loved Parts 1 and 2 but despised Part 3 because of how different it was.

Quote from: VLordGTZ on July 02, 2017, 02:29:13 AM
I'm wasn't a huge fan of IBO Season 1, but it was still enjoyable enough that I'm interested in watching Season 2.
I didn't know what to make of IBO. I liked that it did some subversive things compared to other Gundam series, but everything else seemed more baffling than intriguing. And what I saw of the finale left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Dreamer2

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 02, 2017, 05:21:27 AM
Part 3's a lot different from the previous two parts, and represents a giant shift in how the series unfolds its plot, so you might like it more than Battle Tendency. I know people who loved Parts 1 and 2 but despised Part 3 because of how different it was.

I've seen people say something similar to this before and who knows maybe I would like SC. But, I just have so little interest in the JoJo world after the terrible Phantom Blood and the very very mediocre Battle Tendency, that I just don't really want to bother. I gave JoJo 20ish episodes and it didn't impress me. If I watch Toonami live I may have it on as background noise while I wait for Tokyo Ghoul, but that'll probably be it.

Spark Of Spirit

Great to see JoJo getting another shot. Still hoping for MHA and U&T to get a shot, but these are good choices.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on June 25, 2017, 04:24:26 PM
Guess I'm an outlier, because I love the part 2 dub, references and all.  :D That cast are the voices I associate most with those characters, which is why I'm so happy they came back for Part IV.
Wait, *THAT* cast came back! :shakeshakeshake:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Daikun

STARDUST CRUSADERS PREMIERE ON THE LIVE STREAM! GO WATCH IT!
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

LumRanmaYasha

Couldn't tell if they redubbed the first episode, but I think they left it as is. Which they might as well since they didn't change the casting.

VLordGTZ

I'm sure they re-recorded it for the sake of consistency with the rest of the episodes, but it's probably hard to tell since it's the exact same cast and recording studio.