Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer2

Toonami's JoJo SC promo was pretty decent and kind of made me interested. Not really sure why though. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Dio and has very little interest in seeing him again. What to do, watch or not watch? ???

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Dreamer2 on July 22, 2017, 10:49:13 PM
Toonami's JoJo SC promo was pretty decent and kind of made me interested. Not really sure why though. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Dio and has very little interest in seeing him again. What to do, watch or not watch? ???
They fight a talking orangutan early in the show.

Dreamer2

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 22, 2017, 10:57:05 PM
:awesome:

Am I really about to watch more JoJo? I never even finished Battle Tendency. I'm going to assume I don't need to finish it to understand what's going on here, because I don't want to. Not even a little bit.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Dreamer2 on July 22, 2017, 11:01:25 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 22, 2017, 10:57:05 PM
:awesome:

Am I really about to watch more JoJo? I never even finished Battle Tendency. I'm going to assume I don't need to finish it to understand what's going on here, because I don't want to. Not even a little bit.
Most of the parts are self-contained, but here's an AMV of Parts 1 and 2 that recaps their events.

Daikun

Dreamer2

It seems Outlaw Star will be replacing GitS at 2:30 am, starting August 19th.

Surprising, but I've never seen much of it and it seems like its pretty popular, so I'm looking forward to it.

Avaitor

Pretty cool news! I was considering buying the new set, and now I think that I will to play catch-up with new viewers.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I rewatched it about a year ago and still bought the new set. Series still rocks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Rewatched it last year, it still holds up pretty well.

gunswordfist

I really want to buy the box set. I rewatched most of it from my library 5 or so years ago. I loved it!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Yeah, I rewatched it about a year or two ago and really enjoyed it. I do want to get the set, but not for $65 at FYE. :immad:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Outlaw Star running on the block is something fans has been something people have been wanting since it returned, so it's cool that they're doing it. It'd be interesting if after it ends they get another old [as]/Toonami show like Trigun to replace it and have a designated classic show slot from there on.

Avaitor

I think Gundam Wing has a shot of being next, since it also had a recent remaster and an upcoming HD release coming out, but Trigun and YYH would be just as welcome in my eyes.

Of course, they could also do Big O, since they just finally got the rights back to the first season, and it also has a new HD release.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I'd have to imagine they wouldn't pass up an opportunity to run season one of Big O after only being able to run season 2 for years. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they choose to re-run after OS.

FoxKidsLover16

I feel like if they were to bring back a classic show after Outlaw Star finishes it's run, I was thinking either FLCL, Gundam Wing, Big O, or Cowboy Bebop

I know FLCL and Bebop have been rerun to death, but FLCL is getting new episodes soon and Cowboy Bebop didn't get to finish it's HD run. Big O and Gundam Wing are for reasons that Avaitor has already said.